News: July, 2020 - TP Docs is now updated to Version 1.6.7...!

Search Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Docs Navigation

Author Topic: What Is A WYSIWYG Editor?  (Read 7018 times)

Offline Xarcell

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
What Is A WYSIWYG Editor?
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:17:50 AM »
A WYSIWYG (pronounced "wiz-ee-wig") has the ability to convert an HTML TEXTAREA fields or other HTML elements to editor instances. Somewhat like a wordprocessor where a developer can see what the end result will look like while the interface or document is being created without knowledge of HTML or CSS. However, most editors have an option to switch directly to source, for hard coding HTML and CSS if preferred.

WYSIWYG is an acronym for "what you see is what you get".

Doc Written By: Xarcell
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:53:18 AM by Ken. »