News: Welcome to the TinyPortal Support site.

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

December 08, 2019, 01:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 189277
  • Total Topics: 20775
  • Online Today: 238
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 189
Total: 190

Author Topic: Display child categories like articles in categories  (Read 1370 times)

Offline HugiN

• Very busy
    • Newerth
Display child categories like articles in categories
« on: March 07, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Link to my site: http://www.newerth.com/forum
SMF version: 2.0 RC5
TP version: 1.0 RC1
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: BlocWeb Gamerz Premium Theme
Browser Name and Version: Mostly Firefox
Mods installed: Tiny Portal & Aewa Media

Hello,

I have several categories with child categories. Not all categories are filled with articles. My goal is to display all child categories on a page, when i click the link to the parent category in the menu. I'd like to display the child categories like it is possible to do with the articels within a category.

E.g.: I have a parent category like GAME. In this category i have the child categories BEAST HORDE and HUMAN LEGION. In the category BEAST HORDE there are several sub-child-categories like BUILDINGS, ITEMS, UNITS and WEAPONS. Same goes for the category HUMAN LEGION.

Now i want to put a link BEAST HORDE(with the menu manager) in a menu block on the sidebar of my site, which gives me an overview of all subcategories listed. In this case this should be: BUILDINGS, ITEMS, UNITS and WEAPONS. I want to have a similar layout like there is for the articles on the edit article category page.

To explain what i want to do:

Instead of articles i want to show the child categories in a similar way. Is there any way to do so? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Cheers