Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

August 11, 2020, 12:20:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3786
  • Latest: Deaks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 190594
  • Total Topics: 20865
  • Online Today: 71
  • Online Ever: 917
  • (January 21, 2020, 09:02:26 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 60
Total: 61

Author Topic: Auto approve articles to display on Front-page?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Swifty550

Auto approve articles to display on Front-page?
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
Hey, I'd just like to say what a great portal you guys have made! :)

I use the selected topics + articles only on the front-page and wanted to know if there is anyway I can automatically make the articles display on the front-page?

More depth - I have given the Global Moderator permissions to submit HTML/BBC articles and auto approve. It seems I still have to approve their article into a category, and then make it show on the front-page.

Is there any alternatives to make it easier?

Thanks.

Offline IchBin

• Developer
    • My Website
Re: Auto approve articles to display on Front-page?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »
Are they not selecting a category in the first place? That could be why it's not showing on the frontpage automatically.

Offline ZarPrime

• Friends
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
Swifty550,

I doubt that you'd be able to have some sort of auto-approve.  In other words, someone will have to approve them, whether it be you or someone else that you have given permission to make the approvals.  I'll have to look into this further by looking at permissions but I can't do this right now, maybe tonight.

One thing I should mention though --> Make sure that you fully trust the person or persons that you are giving permission to for creating html articles.  BBC isn't so bad, but html can be easily abused.

ZarPrime

Offline Swifty550

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »
Hey Zarprime,

Thank you for your reply. I do trust the person, but I have disabled the PHP permission as I realised that wont be needed. Thank you for the warning though.

Also, is there a code for a block so I can display posts from a certain category/board? Something like a Board news. I can't to seem to find anything.

Thanks.

Offline Swifty550

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »
Are they not selecting a category in the first place? That could be why it's not showing on the frontpage automatically.

No they are not. I still have to select a category to approve to. I've even tried as uncategorised with no luck.

Offline WillyP

• Support Team
    • Planet Descent
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
Also, is there a code for a block so I can display posts from a certain category/board? Something like a Board news. I can't to seem to find anything.

This is what I use:
Code: [Select]
echo'<h3>Soupe Du Jour:</h3><br />';
ssi_boardNews($board = 10.0, $limit = 1, $start = null, $length = 3500, $output_method = 'echo');
echo'<hr />';

Change 10.0 to whatever board number. Limit = 1, is the number of topics to show.  3500, is the number of characters, I use that to keep the page from being too unbalanced, and visitors can read more if the post is truncated. Links to examples in my siggy.