TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:53:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59

help plz

Started by raxavier69, May 31, 2006, 07:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrymo

"Username Does Not Exist"

raxavier69

i deleted it uz u didnt respond. create a ne wone and tell me ill giv eu admin. or better yet im me on msn or aim or come onto our teamspeak

raxavier69

well now i realize that i cant even add categorys to articles... i cant do anything :(

i am willing the gms here to have temp access to my ftp and admin for the forums just plz help

gerrymo

New test account created. Please dont delete it this time. I know very little about databases, so may not be able to help, but I'll take a look when I have time. Thats the best I can do.

raxavier69

account activated and made admin

gerrymo

There is something seriously wrong. I cant find what it is, but it seems to be database related, and I dont know enough about that to help.

The site will not allow creation opf new blocks, or new articles. There is also no selection made for "Hide bars when in admin section?", and it wont allow a selection to be made. Some other settings cant be changed on the settings page either.

I'm out of ideas on this one. Please downgrade the Test Account to regular member for now. One of the other team members may be able to use it to help. Sorry I cant.

tiochus

Hey, I keep on thinking it could be a database field problem. Could you take a look in phpmyadmin and see if in the next tables you have these "auto-increment" fields:

-smf_tp_variables  field   id
-smf_tp_articles    field   id
-smf_messages     field   id_msg

I had a very similar problem, and I fixed it when I changed this fileds to auto_numeric.

Good luck.

raxavier69

gerry can u do that cuz i have no idea whats his talking about :)

gerrymo

Sorry. Databases aint my thing. I dont know what needs done or how to do it.

raxavier69

can some one from the gms plz tell me who i should contact regarding this problem or who deals with data base things?