TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178

Additonal permissions need for download & articles manager

Started by domineaux, October 09, 2006, 05:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domineaux

First type permisison:
"Trusted users" should be able to make uploads/downloads without being approved by admin.  

"Trusted users"should be able to make uploads/edits without being approved by admin.

I don't want to give up complete rights to download or articles manager just because I want to allow "Trusted users" to make uploads/downloads/edits without approval.

2nd type permission:
Admin should be able to choose if Guests should be able to make downloads without upload permissions. In order to get more traffic sometimes it's best to allow more open use of the boards on features like downloads.  Most users are not going to make downloads unless they have an interest in the download items anyway.

I prefer to provide a more open site with restrictions on the forums, because of abusive users.   

Note:  Trusted users are not standard type users, they are people we trust to be competent to take care of affairs properly.  They are not moderators, just users we trust to supply and edit content mostly.

Pssssst  I emboldened the color text because I thought it kinda washed out otherwise.  I'm not yelling at anyone.

bloc

The second type is already inherit. If you set the permission of a category to include guests - and do not allow guests to upload - you have it.

About the first one, thats something really needed. Sort of pre-approved uploading.