TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196,019
  • Total Topics: 21,332
  • Online today: 1,713
  • Online ever: 8,223 (February 19, 2025, 04:35:35 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 1109
  • Total: 1109

How to Access Menu Manager? [solved?]

Started by jevans915, September 26, 2006, 04:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jevans915

Hello,

This is no doubt a Stupid Newbie question, but that's what I am, I guess.

I've seen lots of references to things that can be done in the Menu Manager, but I can't find mine.  I'm running TP v9.5 and SMF 1.08, with the Amber theme.  My Admin page has a block titled Tiny Portal in the left panel, with the categories Settings, Block Manager, Articles Manager, and Download Manager.  None of them seem to have any reference or link in them to the Menu Manager.  I've searched the TP Documentation and the Forums.  I've found lots of entries in the Forums about doing things with the Menu Manager, but none about how to get to it in the first place.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

G6Cad

There are diffrent menu managers in SMF and TP, but the most common they usually talk about is the menu manager for the Blocks and the Articles

Admin/tinyportal/block manager
Admin/tinyportal/article manager

The pages you come to there are the menus where you can add change delete and create diffrent kinds of blocks, atricles, thats your menu

jevans915

Thanks, I get that.

But I'm having a related, I guess, issue of how to control/change/whatever what shows up in a menubox block that I have active in the left panel.  Where do I do that?

IchBin

G6 told you where to look. Here it is agin jevans915.
SMF Admin>TinyPortal>Blocks Manager> then menu manager is in the middle.

jevans915

Sorry if I was being a nuisance.  You see, before posting my question, I had gone to the Documentation, where the "How To" about Working with Articles said:
QuoteTo edit a MENUITEM through the MENU MANAGER ...

Admin >> TinyPortal >> Blocks & Shoutbox >> MENU MANAGER >> Change / Customize the options to what you want

But, my Admin Panel for TP did not have a "Blocks & Shoutbox" sub-folder tab, it had a "Block Manager," and my Block Manager did not have a tab for "Menu Manager" or for "Menu Item," in "the middle" or anywhere else.  Unfortunately, the How To doesn't indicate to what versions of TP or SMF it relates, so I wasn't sure if my problem came from not using the right versions of either program or an incompatible theme, which was why I followed the posting guidelines and included that information in my question, or if it might be caused by something else.

Reluctant to arouse more chastisemant by pursuing my inquiry any further here, I spent a few hours last night trying to track down my problem in various index files and the css file, all to no avail.  (Sadly, I'm not very fluent in php so that was a fairly frustrating process.)  Finally, I bit the bullet and upgraded from SMF 1.08 to 1.1RC3, which sparked a rebellion on the part of several of my MODS (which I'll attempt to fix on my own without troubling anyone for advice).

The upgrade seems to have been what was needed.  While my TP Admin Panel still has a "Block Manager" tab rather than a "Blocks & Shoutbox" tab, both the Block Manager and the Article Manager now have menus across the top with tabs for the Menu Manager.  So I guess my problem has been solved.

Thanks again,

IchBin

Where did you get chastised in this thread? If you tried to go to the place that G6 and I pointed out, then you simply could have posted a Screenshot for us to see that you didn't have it, and we could have worked it out from there. I didn't see anything rude about the comments you received here.

IchBin

I'd also like to point out that you ALWAYS need to make sure you're running the right versions of stuff before you install them. The amber theme is not made to work with the 1.0.x versions, only the SMF 1.1 versions.

G6Cad

Quotethe How To doesn't indicate to what versions of TP


Just for reference, It's always the latest beta release you have to look at when it comes to the documentations.
For every new release of TP, the version before ends up in the archive and the support for that version ends to.

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.