News: September 21st, 2019, The Tinyportal team is pleased to announce the release of ~~ TinyPortal 1.6.4! GET IT NOW!!!

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

October 17, 2019, 04:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3756
  • Latest: Ocean
Stats
  • Total Posts: 189090
  • Total Topics: 20764
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Author Topic: Suggestion for showing forum posts on frontpage  (Read 2261 times)

Racenut

Suggestion for showing forum posts on frontpage
« on: August 16, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »
As it stands now, the only choice you have is to show forum topics from 1 particular board that you choose. I think it would be much better to also have the ability to pick and choose which topics you show on your frontpage. Kinda like the "link to calendar" feature, or some other way of doing it. At the very least you should have the option of showing the latest topics. Just a suggestion  :)

Offline Ray

Re: Suggestion for showing forum posts on frontpage
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 04:03:02 PM »
I would like to see to be able to pick more than one forums topics to  show -- like a list of forums that you have and can pick 3 to 4 of the to show the topics or posts

Bjørn

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 04:15:58 PM »
The showing of recent posts from more forums than one can be done I reckon, as for topics..."recent topics" block could be expanded to allow more forums as well.

Ok, will try to add this in.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 04:43:04 PM »
realy just showing the new post would be all you need not the topics-- you click on the post and it will take you to that post - SO just showing new post from any topic(forum) that I pick would be good