I'm the guy who administers this server, bart.artichost.net
Lately, we updated MySQL which required us to update Apache etc. we decided to up PHP & Zend also at the same run.
Zend caused random PHP scripts to hang, and consume 100% CPU time. We hunted for this problem for a long time etc. we downgraded PHP + Zend for the timebeing, to just get things work(TM). Which failed, an We didn't notice until first trouble tickets!
This caused this site to have session problems (fixed now, as you can see!), it was really simple, i cleared all the server PHP sessions + upgraded PHP to newest 4.x series PHP. It did the trick, and everything works now.
The main reason why this happened was file ownership changes -> phpSuExec was temporally off at one point.
Anyways, this is fixed now
- Skal / http://www.artichost.net