TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 45
  • Total: 45

Language

Started by Martine M, June 14, 2011, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine M

Link to my site: http://www.testforum.united-tutorials-registration.com/index.php
SMF version: SMF ver. 2.0
TP version: TP ver. 1.104
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Default
Browser Name and Version: Firefox 4.01
Mods installed:
Related Error messages:

Here I am again. have a bit of trouble with TinyPortal showing right when language is Dutch.

Default language is English and there all is shown ok.

When in Dutch only portal is shown.
I had to make moderations myself in smf version 1.13 which I did but I don't see any language files altered if I look at how to install Tiny Portal manually.

Can someone tell me which files to adjust and what to put in it?
Is it only the modification.dutch.php?
Running SMF 2.04 - Bloc's Theme Argentum enhanced - TP 1.107 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 21

Greetings Martine

ZarPrime

Martine,

Uh, no, TinyPortal has it's own language files.  There are 7 files and they are all located in the following folder on your site --> /public_html/YourSite/Themes/default/languages/

Actually, there are 14 files but half of those are for utf8.  If you are using standard dutch and not dutch-utf8, you won't have to worry about those.

What you will need to do is find the following files and create new dutch files for them ...
TPdlmanager.english.php
TPgallery.english.php
TPhelp.english.php
TPmodules.english.php
TPortal.english.php
TPortalAdmin.english.php
TPShout.english.php

You will first need to create the dutch files.  To do that, open each one, then "save as" the same file except replace ".english." with ".dutch."

After you have done that, you will still have the english files but now you will also have 7 Dutch files as well ...
TPdlmanager.dutch.php
TPgallery.dutch.php
TPhelp.dutch.php
TPmodules.dutch.php
TPortal.dutch.php
TPortalAdmin.dutch.php
TPShout.dutch.php

Now, you will need to actually translate the Dutch files.  A good program for doing this is Notepad ++, located here --> http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Open each Dutch file and begin the translations.  Anywhere that you see a line that starts with $txt will need to be translated.  As an example, in the TPmodules.dutch.php file, you'll see ...
$txt['tp-articlenotallowed']='You are not allowed to edit this article.';

The part that will need to be translated to Dutch is ...
You are not allowed to edit this article.

Nothing else on each line needs to be translated.  After you have translated all lines for each file, then just save.  When you are done the translations for all files, just upload them, via FTP, to the same location on your site where the English ones are located.  it will take a while to do this.

OK, one other thing, the same files that need to be translated are located in the RC2 zipfile.  If you extract the file to a temp location on your local computer, the files will be located in the \TinyPortal1rc2\common\Themes\default\languages folder.  You can do all the translations there without worrying about downloading the files from your site.  Once you are done, just upload the 7 Dutch files to your site at the location I mentioned above.

Questions, feel free to ask.

Oh, one more thing.  If you want to help the other Dutch users of TP, you can translate all 14 of the English files, including the utf8 ones, and then upload them to our downloads area in the appropriate category.  Once we approve them, we will make the download available.  If you want to do that, you will need to zip those files up in a certain way, so that the iso files and the utf8 files are in separate zip files.  I'll help you with that if you want to do it.

ZarPrime

Martine M

Thanks Zarprime I am going to look it all up.
I am using standard Dutch lucky for me then :)

I will let you now when it is done and working.
Running SMF 2.04 - Bloc's Theme Argentum enhanced - TP 1.107 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 21

Greetings Martine

Martine M

I will give the translation to you ,would be glad to help and I am halfway there by solving it for me so no problem.

I'll first translate the iso english files and zip them already.

Greetings Martine

Martine M

It is more then expected but that's no problem, hope to finish the iso today and I will do the other 7 when TinyPortal is fully installed and working on my main forum if that's ok?

Greetings Martine

ZarPrime

That's no problem Martine.  Take your time.

ZP

Martine M

I'm not fully done translating but I uploaded the files already to see if it fixes my problem of not being able to see the panels when language is set to dutch,
I only see the frontpage if language is set to dutch and still do with those files, but those file of coarse only translate so the problem lies somewhere else.

Do you know what the problem can be?

Greetings Martine

IchBin

I'm assuming when you say that only the portal is shown, that you are referring to the blocks? There is a setting in the TPAdmin > Settings titled "Use language visibility option for blocks". When this option is turned on, you must select the language option in each block for the language that you want them to appear for. Otherwise the block will not show.

Martine M

oh yes of coarse thank you very much.
Going to fix that and then back to translating :)

Greetings Martine

Martine M

I am finally ready with the iso files translations.
It took some time but  I wanted to check the files twice and check them again in Tinyportal itself.

I think/hope it is all correctly done.

Can I just copy the contents of the iso files into the utf8 files?
I had a quick look and I think it is the same.

Greetings Martine