News: September 21st, 2019, The Tinyportal team is pleased to announce the release of ~~ TinyPortal 1.6.4! GET IT NOW!!!

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

December 12, 2019, 10:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 189280
  • Total Topics: 20775
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 57
Total: 58

Author Topic: # of comments | write a comment for Articles  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Tziena

# of comments | write a comment for Articles
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
I mentioned this in the request area, but you may have a quick answer over here. I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and TinyPortal 1.0 beta 5.2.

I would think this already exists in some fashion, but I can't find it. I hate to double up on $requests to the dbase. Simply I'm looking for a "# comment | write a comment" script that I can plug into the article template so it appears on the front page with the article. Something like this image below.

I understand this works on posts from the forum, but I would like for it to work for articles, too. Thanks!

Offline IchBin™

• Developer
    • My Website
Re: # of comments | write a comment for Articles
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »
There is no current way to do this sorry. Unless you know someone with the time and know how to code it up for you.

Offline Tziena

Re: # of comments | write a comment for Articles
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:00:42 PM »
There is no current way to do this sorry. Unless you know someone with the time and know how to code it up for you.

I could probably get the code written, I just didn't want to throw another $request to the server if the information was already nabbed. For example, from the article's page where it numbers the comments.