News: September 21st, 2019, The Tinyportal team is pleased to announce the release of ~~ TinyPortal 1.6.4! GET IT NOW!!!

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

October 19, 2019, 09:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3756
  • Latest: Ocean
Stats
  • Total Posts: 189092
  • Total Topics: 20765
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Author Topic: Site suggestion/ addition  (Read 2551 times)

badping

Site suggestion/ addition
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:31:15 PM »
While visiting this page on the site
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item1101
I thought, man it sure would be nice to see a quick link/button next to "download" that would list the manual install code as well. Kind of a one stop page for getting this update installed. I book marked the page so when I was ready to upgrade I could find it quickly.
Great mod BTW, this mod is so beneficial and meaningful to an SMF forum they should pay you to buy and incorporate this as an integral part of the SMF install itself!

Offline ZarPrime

• Friends
Re: Site suggestion/ addition
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:27 PM »
badping,

Yes, that would be nice, but you might not ever see that one here since a package parser similar to the one that was written by Daniel15 on SMF would have to be installed by Bloc to work in the downloads section, similar to the package parser that is used on SMF in the Mod section on the right when you go to a Mod page.  The last time I looked, Daniel15 had the source code for that available, but as far as I know it's still in beta and Daniel hasn't been particularly active recently with him concentrating on school.  Several people run that package parser on their sites, but since it has to be updated every time a new version of SMF comes out, it is not always updated.  When I want to check out the manual install instructions for a Mod I usually look at the PP on Sleepy's site here ---> http://sleepycode.com/PackageParser/index.php but again, other sites have it installed as well.  I've never looked at the code to see how difficult it is to keep it updated but from what I understand, it's not too difficult to do.

I just looked at it and it doesn't look like it's been updated yet for SMF 1.1.9

The reason I'm saying that it may not be something that Bloc wants to add is because this site concentrates on one Mod, that being TinyPortal.  However, with all that being said, I agree that it would be nice to have that option available in our download section.

If you think this would be a good enhancement for us here on TinyPortal, you could place this into the BugTracker as a Site Feature Request and Bloc will have a look at it and toss it around in his head to see if he thinks it would be a good idea.

ZarPrime

badping

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:08:03 PM »
At the top of the forums is this,
Posting Guidelines | FAQ | Manual Install Guide | Docs
that would be just fine as well...

Offline Ken.

• Support Team
    • Our FamilyForum
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 02:46:05 AM »
At the top of the forums is this,
Posting Guidelines | FAQ | Manual Install Guide | Docs
that would be just fine as well...

You are right badping!  :up:

----------------------------------------------------
" If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti  ^-^