TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 10:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,242
  • Total Topics: 21,223
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Where on SMF directory are TP block pages?

Started by Kerry, May 26, 2009, 03:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry

I started with TP a couple years ago. I had a block with two hyperlinks to text pages that were stored somewhere in the SMF/tp directories on my server.

Then, after an SMF upgrade, I lost the use of TP. I couldn't figure out how to restore it so I gave up.

Recently I upgraded to SMF 1.1.9 and my old version of TP worked except that my old block wasn't there. I made a new but different block. It works nicely.

Today I successfully upgraded to tinyportal v1.0 beta4.

Question: Are my two original block pages still located somewhere on my server? I'd like to copy the text and use it to create another block.

Thanks,

Kerry
forums

BTW: I noticed a vast improvement in the various instructions (that, or I'm getting smarter) and both upgrades went smoothly. Excellent work!

IchBin

If you do not see the blocks in your Blocks and Panels page in the TP admin of SMF, it is most likely that the blocks do not exist anymore.

Kerry

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on May 26, 2009, 03:52:31 AM
If you do not see the blocks in your Blocks and Panels page in the TP admin of SMF, it is most likely that the blocks do not exist anymore.
Too bad.

Thanks, Kerry

Zetan

JPDeni

QuoteI started with TP a couple years ago. I had a block with two hyperlinks to text pages that were stored somewhere in the SMF/tp directories on my server.

Block code is stored in the database. In the table smf_tp_blocks, to be specific. If you have created a new database since the one where you saved the blocks, the code is gone. Otherwise, unless you deleted them, they should be in the database.

Kerry

Hi JPDeni,

I just might have a backup of my data base from back then. Thanks muchly.

Kerry