Some of the team here at TinyPortal thought it would be a nice idea to write a review about our choice of Web Host, of course these are from our own personal experiences. They will be honest and from a customers point of view.
There are good hosts, very good hosts.. and then there are terrible hosts. I have been fortunate with regards to the Web Host I chose back in September 2006. I have never really felt the need to change to another host, although if you look through some of my posts ranting in the Team Boards here, youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d probably think a little differently.. The point being that sometimes things do go wrong, but at least 75% of the problems were because of errors on my part. The other 25% were resolved in a reasonable, if not, exceptional amount of time.
I can only compare the level of support of my Web Host with that of my Stream Host that I use to broadcast my online radio station, they are Stream Solutions. I may write a review about them too.
The most important aspect of any host is server uptime, above all else. Then of course is the stability and load on the server. Nobody expects their hosts servers to fall over if there are 100 people online on your site.
Then thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the support. Honestly, how would you rate the level of support and attention that your host gives you? I can honestly say that I give my host 100% when it comes to support. Just last week I put in a ticket when my site was down, which is unusual.. the only time itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s noticeably down is when IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve caused a problem. They were on the case before I even submitted the ticket.. They knew there was a problem and that there was a hardware failure. They personally responded to my ticket within 5 minutes of me submitting it.. and responded to the other tickets while trouble shooting the problem.
Another example is when my host moved us from their American servers to their UK data exchange in Maidenhead, which is a major UK data exchange just outside London. When they moved us, I found that our disc quota had been exceeded.. due in part to a backup they had left on the server. If I had realised at the time that our quota was at itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s limit.. because of the Automatic Backups that SMF creates every time you install a package.. I wouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have tried deleting themes, files we host and other junk. I would have gone straight to the SMF backups folder and deleted those first.
Instead I made a rather large error and deleted my www folder by mistake (it was around 3am). Now, when our host moved us, they then went ahead and had their server racks in the US exchange dismantled and scrapped. My site was gone, I requested an automatic server backup restoration, which is carried out every evening.. but the auto backup failed. This was a new server, new configuration and it was the same day as the move.. really bad timing. Tim, the owner of my hosting company, called in a huge favour for me. They had the US exchange locate the hard drive that we were on and install it in another server. They then retrieved my site and had it back up within 24 hours, whilst working on getting every other site they had moved running at peak again.
It would have been expensive, but Tim did call in favours for us, he was patient and extremely considerate of us as a customer. It cost us nothing.
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll leave their site in their own words to speak for themselves.
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll leave you to make up your own mind.
Welcome to Evohosting, voted 'Best Shared UK Web Hosting Provider' by WebHostDir.co.uk visitors. Evohosting offers the perfect web hosting solutions for commercial and personal websites. We aim to be the best web host you'll ever use, so we back this up with our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee! Plus, we've bundled many features that you won't find ANYWHERE else!
We are the ONLY UK web hosting company that gives every customer a FREE Domain, 60 FREE Installable Scripts (inc Magento, Joomla, Wordpress!), a FREE radio station, 24/7/365 tech support, and so much more, with the purchase of any of our low cost hosting plans!
As well as being feature rich and cost effective, unlike our competitors, we PROACTIVELY monitor our servers 24/7/365, allowing us to prevent issues from happening before they cause you a problem.
See what our customers are saying, and then have a look at our UK Web Hosting plans! You can also read below for more information about EVERYTHING Evohosting has to offer!
While I'm not bothered in the slightest about a referral fee, I would appreciate the referral. Our Affiliates link is in the Footer of my website: www.slayingsteel.com