News: When asking for support, it helps us and you, if you read the Posting Guidelines

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

November 22, 2019, 05:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 189262
  • Total Topics: 20773
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Author Topic: activate  (Read 1475 times)

boomertbh

activate
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
OK I fixed the problem I had with the install.

When I was done it said to restart forums.  I clicked on that link but no TP admin or TP setting or TP show appear. 

Offline Zetan

• Friends
Re: activate
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 05:15:42 PM »
This is about as vague as it gets.. I don't mean to be rude, but I have no idea what-so-ever what you are talking about.

>>>> Please read the Posting Guidelines <<<<

Every time you start a new support topic, we need the same information again, we cannot be expected to remember individual site details, we deal with many different sites and setups daily. If you wish to start a new topic and it relates to a previous topic, don't be vague.. at least post a link to the topic so that somebody like me who probably didn't deal with it, has some idea of whats going on..

Now, I've typed more characters than you, yet you want support.. think about it.

Thanks

[edit]
I'm going to hazard a guess. See this topic:
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=16355.0

Which is the first sticky topic in this very board. Please, do us a favour and be more descriptive.. I don't like to guess.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:21:19 PM by Zetan »

boomertbh

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:14:07 PM »
A few weeks a go I had a problem doing the install with SMF.  I fixed the issue that was preventing me from installing version 0983 as well as any other packages..

Today I successfully installed the V 0983 onto  SMF..

After the install a screen appeared and it said to activate TP restart the forums.  I clicked on that link to restart..

TP did not appear anywhere..I logged out logged back in even waited a few hours.  Still no TP admin or anything but TP is installed on the SMF it just does not appear

I'm using the default themes

Offline Ken.

• Support Team
    • Our FamilyForum
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
How do I manually install TinyPortal

boomertbh it sounds like all of the required edits did not take place, if you use the instructions for a manual install you should be able to correct any missing files or folders.

----------------------------------------------------
" If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti  ^-^