TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103

SMF 1.1.5 and TP

Started by dwoolcott, August 18, 2008, 06:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwoolcott

Link to my site: http://www.tdohome.com
SMF version: SMF 1.1.5
TP version: TP Ti 0.9.8  or TP  v1.0.5 beta 1
Theme name and version: Default
Mods installed: None
Related Error messages: Various, see below:

I am having various issues getting the mod installed.  First I get permission errors after I have ensured the Packages directory is writable.  I have been able to solve this by creating and CHMOD 777 to a temp directory in the Packages directory.

The package installed says that TP has installed and lists all the changes made, but when I open the site back up, there has been no change in the site.  I then look at the files via FTP and all the directories that are supposed to be created in the web root directory are in the root directory of the FTP instead (/domains/tdohome.com/public_html is where it should be, it is a DA server, but it ends up in /)
Moving the folders does not do anything as I think it is not modifying any of the required files because it can not find them in "/" when it does the file copying/modification.

Yes I do know there is a manual install process, but I would like to figure out why the package is not working.  I have reinstalled the SMF and TP about 10 times in the last day recreated the DB each time and the result is always the same.  Any insight?

G6Cad

Why the package manager wont install for you, we cannot support here as that engine is made by SMF staff and deves.
You have to ask them about that.

Permission issues are server configuration "issues", they are diffrent on a lot of servers and hosts, some let you own the files no matter the risks, and some hosts have very strict settings to prevent hacking and more.

When you have it like now, the only way you CAN install TP is the manuall way, there are no shortcuts if your host wont change their minds and change the settings so you have full owner and permission privileges  :-\

dwoolcott

I can accept that and am going to try the manual install.  I am finding various instructions on the manual install process through the forums and the doc site though.

G6Cad