News: When asking for support, it helps us and you, if you read the Posting Guidelines

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 17, 2019, 10:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 188520
  • Total Topics: 20737
  • Online Today: 266
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: Question about blocks  (Read 4357 times)

Bloodlvst

Question about blocks
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:46:37 PM »
I know there are "dynamic" viewing options. Is there any way to make a block show only when you're viewing articles in a certain category? I know there's a "category listing" option, but I don't think that does what I'm looking for.

Anyone know any way to do this, either by modding TP / SMF directly or some hidden option I'm unaware of?

Thanks!

thelastzodiac

Re: Question about blocks
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »
Well like you said there is "Category Listing", and as long as you have made categorys to put your Articles in and select them there then it should work!!   :D

There is no need to mod TP or SMF for this as it has this feature allready!! Unless I didnt fully understand the question!!

But I hope this was helpfull!!   :)

Offline IchBin™

• Developer
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:12:33 AM »
Thats what the category listing option is for. To only show a block when viewing an article when in a certain category.

Bloodlvst

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »
Thats what the category listing option is for. To only show a block when viewing an article when in a certain category.

Ah okay thanks. The language is just a bit confusing! I figured when you're only in an actual listing of a category. Perhaps removing "Listing" from that item will be less confusing. :D

EDIT - That info is incorrect. :( The block only shows if I view the category itself.

For example, I view the category listing "Portal Features" and the block shows, but if I view an individual article in the category then the block will not show. :(

Any ideas folks? I know this would help a lot of people to have a fully featured site :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:58:58 PM by Bloodlvst »

Bloodlvst

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »
No one? :(

Offline IchBin™

• Developer
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
For now the option doesn't exist. You'll need to wait until TP 1.0 comes out. If not, you'll have to do a php block to customize the display options.

Bloodlvst

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:07:56 PM »
Any advice on where I should look in the TP files to edit the code to maybe create a mod?

Offline IchBin™

• Developer
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 05:17:54 PM »
I would start in the TPortalAdmin. and template file.