News: September 21st, 2019, The Tinyportal team is pleased to announce the release of ~~ TinyPortal 1.6.4! GET IT NOW!!!

Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

December 06, 2019, 09:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 189265
  • Total Topics: 20774
  • Online Today: 365
  • Online Ever: 629
  • (November 08, 2018, 01:36:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 58
Total: 59

Author Topic: Zip?  (Read 1477 times)

lady_l

Zip?
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:33:46 PM »
Hi all, please forgive the confusion but I downloaded TP_0171 (latest version) to my desktop and it immediately unzipped (I have a Mac, if you haven't already guessed).

When I tried to upload it using the smf packages>upload a package the dialog box that opened would not let me upload the entire TP_0171 folder on my desktop, but only each file individually. That would be fine, I guess, if I knew where to put them.

What shall I do with this file? is it supposed to be installed unzipped, or still zipped? Shouold I download the ftp version and use that?

TIA
lady_l

Gourgi

Re: Zip?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
is it supposed to be installed zipped
just browse the .zip file and continue

Offline G6Cad

• Friends
    • FamiljeGodis
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:22:50 AM »
I have installed TP numerous times from Mac (used to own one )
Im not sure why your mac extract the files when you download the zip, mine just downloaded it and placed it in unknown format.

Anyway, you install with the zip file yes, browse to the file upload/install as is.

But if you used the package in the downloadsection, you dont have to proceed, it will not work on SMF 1.1.2
You need to download the package IchBin have posted in this "installations" board (first sticky post) That is the package that will work.

If you cant get the zip file to not extract auto on your Mac, then you have to go the manual way yes.
Also there you have a sticky post in "installations" board where you have all you need to know step by step to have TP installed.

lady_l

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 05:29:42 AM »
Thank you. I will try the version you recommended and report back.

Cross your fingers for me OK? I would love to have TP up and running. It will add so many cool features to SMF.

I dont know why the Mac unzips it.It is just trying to be helpful. Macs like to do things for you, but usually you have some control over that. (OSX 10.4)

Thanks again!
L.