TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 308
  • Total: 309
  • lurkalot

serverhost dumped my virtual services co. need advice...please!

Started by hygron, October 30, 2006, 06:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hygron

dropped by server using direct Admin...new server is up, but...............

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I apologize if I am off base.

Last week the server my virtual service company was using, dropped all of "our" domains and I had barely 24 hours to try and recover database. It turned out that for some reason I could not d'load a backup of the d'base...so my virtual service provider(vsp) d'loaded it to his local computer for me.  I was able to d'load the forum>attachments files from both websites

We set up a new direct admin acct and when we tried to upload my forums database to the new server, I got message that database did not belong to me...?

can anyone help shed some light on this query for me. I appreciate and thank you forward for your time. peace

p.s. the old server has me locked out! Is there anyway to still recover files from that location? I do have the IP's

some info and another question:  I had 2 forums.  1 had smf1.0.7 w/techhead and tiny portal v086;  The
2nd one had smf1.1rc3 w/smf theme.

I am curious what I will lose...If I can re-install databases, Will I have to re-install all my smf and tinyportal. or will it be on the back-up database...thanks again for all the help here at TP/bloczone.

p.s.  I know that for the most part this a smf query, but I was told I would have to re-install...forum-theme-tinyportal.

can you all shed some light on this for me.  Hygron

hygron

Ok, everything is alright.  I managed to procure d'base and attachments folders.  uploaded to new server..setup mysql and we are up in smf1.0.7 default mode.

Now I plan on trying to upgrade to 1.1rc3
then tpv095/6..and, have you seen the New leviathon theme?

akulion

well thats good to hear

i didnt have a clue what to say so i decided to keep silent lol

but glad u got it worked out :up:

hygron

Well Aku... thanks friend.  this server issue was a Godsend.  I had 1.0.7 w/tp086, and hadn't been able to upgrade.  Wasn't sure how to exactly how to.  Everytime I asked for help, support people just fixed things, but I wasn't learning How to install properly.

I have to thank...G6, Ichbin, RebelRose, my buddy from forum affiliates, and a few others I just can't recall all the spellings.  THANKS

I just upgraded my forum from 1.0.7 to 1.1rc3, and It works.   I am about to attempt to install TP now, I have to go read ...Do I install 095 then 096?  Or, just 096???  Well the learning curve continues.  later peace, hygron

IchBin

Always the latest version. But please read the first post in the thread for 0.96 because there is a fix posted.