TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 36
  • @rjen

Changes in life

Started by bloc, August 09, 2014, 12:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Agreed. My current pc has a similar setup as Lesmond, but I will be changing the SSI disk soon, at only 32Gb its a tad small. Though that wouldn't be so bad..but its that darn win7 that eats space. Don't know if you heard of it, but theres a "winsx" folder inside which is filled with archived files every time you install something..heck, even when you don't too. So its easily a 5-15GB after a few months. :P

And you cannot delete things in it, not without fear of anything breaking. They say win8 is better but I refuse to use that on my desktop with a 24 inches screen...

Hehe, I bet the diet create some...things lol. In my case I eat everything, but less of it and generally just "normal" food. But I know the exercise was the thing that helped the most in getting the weight down. I am 47 so just the right age to start thinking new :)

Lesmond

Quote from: lurkalot on August 09, 2014, 07:34:26 PM
Les, things can't be easy for you and you wife mate, hope things improve for you both. 

Hey that PC looks like a beast, well done on the build.  I haven't done something like this for a few years, but my son wants a gaming PC, so might have to go down this route myself.  The prebuilt gaming PC's are so expensive to buy.

It works well for what I need, I went to a company in UK https://www.aria.co.uk/ not bad prices they have a forum to with great help on suggesting builds on the budget you give them here http://forums.aria.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/34-New-Build-Advice.

Bloc the SSD is the best thing I ever got, boot up times are like 30 seconds, and opening programs are click they open lol

You can clean up system files easily which dont normally show on the "Disk Cleanup" option, just have to click Clean system files that will clean lots more safely  and you get another tab More options, so you can clean system restore and shadow copies too.

Skhilled

Hmmm, didn't know that about Win7 and never used it since I've heard so many bad reviews about it. I'm still using Vista! LOL But will be upgrading to Win 8 sooner or later. I used to be on the Windows Beta testing team years ago until they started lying about what they were going to add to the final product and it ended up having so many bad things wrong and needed many updates. So, I've never upgraded yet but do dual-boot with linux.

I still eat and cook a variety of things but not as much as I used too. Used to eat bbq, lasagna, etc. everyday along with salt laden junk food. Cutting a lot of that out and eating salty food in moderation does help a lot. :)

lurkalot

Quote from: Lesmond on August 09, 2014, 08:36:51 PM

It works well for what I need, I went to a company in UK https://www.aria.co.uk/ not bad prices they have a forum to with great help on suggesting builds on the budget you give them here http://forums.aria.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/34-New-Build-Advice.

Les, thanks, I've bookmarked that site.  Interestingly their prices are pretty good, even for the prebuilt gaming PC's  I also notice they do some nice Audio Workstation PC's, which are wetting my appetite.  O0

Lesmond

I have tried Win 8 dont like it at all, they already bringing out win 9 next year, more money for Bill :o

Skhilled

Yup, that is why they do what they do...

Maxx1

Very Sorry to hear, those of you are felling the rain of life falling on you!
Very Glad to hear your all are getting together again, and looking forward to the progressive steps all are taken and days to come >>!

Those who really care about the community and moving it forward are becoming less and less, I still feel many are using the SMF and TP and other portals, and I will as best I can support them all, So don't look at me as a trader, just all around, trying to encourage  those to keep on going, if I'm hard to understand , please excuse me, I usually talk in general and not directly to any one or their work.
This thread make me very happy! :)

Kind regards to you all and your Families!
Please don't let words get to you, and I know I do it myself at times, but get over that small stuff, not enough time!

regards,
Maxx

But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

bloc

Its ok, Maxx. :)

Skhilled, i think in fact that folder was there already in vista - not sure though - but yeah, do a lot of cleaning up on other things and it helps of course. But the winsx folder grows even if you don't want to. And Microsoft haven't adressed it at all, not until win8.1 afaik. :P Been working with ubuntu - or rather lubuntu.

Lesmond

I just looked at my winsxs folder it contains 8.11 GB :o
Found this regarding the winsxs folder, not sure if it will help.

lurkalot

Quote from: Lesmond on August 10, 2014, 05:42:49 PM

I just looked at my winsxs folder it contains 8.11 GB :o
Found this regarding the winsxs folder, not sure if it will help.

Interesting, so If your Widows 7 is up to date, then the removal feature is already added to Disk Cleanup.   http://www.howtogeek.com/174705/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-your-winsxs-folder-on-windows-7-or-8/

Says I can get back 4.39GB of space, just buy using Disk Cleanup.