TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:43:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 55
  • @rjen

FelBlog Install / Upgrade for TP0.96

Started by feline, November 11, 2006, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christicehurst

Is there a version for 1.1 and 0.97 released yet?

G6Cad

No, as for now only for 1.1rc3 and tp v.097

whatever

When I upgraded TP from .096 tp .097 (on SMF 1.1 RC3), I lost Felblog.
Upgrading Felblog to fb081b_r2_tp097, I got this:

5.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/TPortal.php     Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/TPortalBlocks.template.php    Test failed

Please advise.

Later:
Experience dictates that trust this module is not reliable, so I am deleting it without any intention of reinstalling.

brianjw

Well fel,
since everyone has upgraded their forums to TP097 you need to come out with a new version. According to this other message it says they had 2 tests failed in the installation of felblog for 097.

Anyway, get a newer version out or modify the newer version allready out and make it work.

G6Cad

Have another issue with Felblog to. Got this to all the forums i have updated now so it's not just my own testforum that behaves the same.
The verification stops working when FelBlog is installed for some reason.
It turn back to normal when FelBlog is removed.
The registration verification image doesent show up when felblog is installed, and the sound link doesent work.
They turn up and work good again after the removal of felblog from the codes.

Happend to 7 diffrent sites with diffrent setups and on diffrent servers.

seelie

The problems I'm having at present:

1)  Comments use floating divs in the template which I cannot seem to solve for all browsers (IE produces the Peekaboo bug effect, and applying the Holly Hack munges it all up for Mozilla ... of course, I may be implementing it incorrectly .... ))

2)  Users who use external avatars.  The avatar will not show up in their blog and the error log fills every time anyone views that blog.

3)  Notification of comments and replies to comments.  Turning this on seems to want to spam anyone that has a blog, not just the person whose article is getting commented on.

I run:
SMF 1.1 rc3
TP 0.96
Felblog 0.81+r2

I'd really really like to get this working without error.  We don't have many users that actually ~use~ blogs, but the siteowner is emphatic about having the option there.

brianjw

so anyway,
when will felblog be updated to work?

G6Cad

As this is TP we cant answer that question, It's fully Felines blogg module she have made for TP.
So you have to ask her on her site where she have the software and all the support threads about Felblog.

http://www.xyfrauen.com

DawnsWebDesigns

brianjw

THIS IS COOL 8) They didn't update felblog but since it didnt work and now this one works: http://www.xyfrauen.com/index.php?topic=342.0 for SMF 1.1.2 and TP097