TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 70
  • tino

Change Caledar script for beginning of week

Started by Kerry, January 19, 2012, 10:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry

I've shorted the days from 3 to 2 characters â€" Sun to Su, Mo, etc.  so that the calender block fits nicely. (see comcom121.org/sgforum/index.php?)

Is there a sample script that changes the calendar's beginning day of the week so that it reads
Su, Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sat ? I see the section in the code but I'm afraid I'd mess it up.

Thanks,

Kerry
SMF 2.0.2
TP 1.105

Kerry

Found it:

// Selection for first day of the week: 0-Sunday; 1-Monday
$first_day = 0;

Kerry

ZarPrime

Kerry,

Thanks for letting us know that you found the switch.  I tried to look at your site the other day before we started having problems here with our host but I couldn't access your site with the url that you posted.  In any case, I will mark this topic solved.

ZarPrime

Kerry

Hi Zar Prime,

Yah I've been changing lots of things including the name. Here's the final iteration:  http://comcom121.org/csgforum/index.php?action=forum.  Please let me know if it doesn't work correctly for you.

I'm so pleased with TP. I made a new phpBB for this project and used its Package Manager to install it and TP. Both worked flawlessly, a testament to your efforts and service these past years.

Thank you,

Kerry

ZarPrime

Kerry,

Thank you for your kind words.  We try to do what we can to help the users of TinyPortal and most of the time we enjoy that.  As for your site ~ Yes, I can see it now.

There is one other thing I wanted to mention to you.  I'm not sure which calendar code you are using in your block.  It's probably the one that comes with TinyPortal but I'm not sure.  Have you looked at the Mini-Calendar we have near the bottom of the left panel on our FrontPage on this site?  It not only shows the Calendar, but also let's you show Birthdays, Holidays, and Events so it is a little more robust than the one that comes with TP.  It has a few more switches which allow you to control what to display.  If you are interested in trying that one out, the php code for it can be seen in this post --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32717.msg262975#msg262975

ZarPrime

Kerry

Hi Zar Prime,

Yes, I have the one that comes with TP, Its size matches my other two blocks. I'll play with the mini-one when I have some time. I can see that it would be nice to have enrollment/due  dates highlighted to remind members.

With aloha,

Kerry

illusive817

im using your code posted above , is there anyway i can change it to when a link is clicked it pulls it up in class="post"
i have this class setup as my lightbox window
2nd can it be setup to only allow people with the proper permissions , can add an event others can only view them in the class="post"

Thank you

ZarPrime

Hello illusive817,

Welcome to the TinyPortal Support Site.

I don't understand what it is you are trying to do but it would actually be better if you started your own topic with your questions about this since this topic has been marked solved.  Feel free to reference this topic in your new post and Please read our Posting Guidelines as it will be much easier to help you if we have the information requested in that topic.

ZarpPrime