TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32

I am attempting a full manual install. Stuck on database.

Started by Gargoyle, September 20, 2013, 01:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

So I have edited all of the main files. When I try to execute the database php scripts manually nothing enters into my database. I receive no error or indication what is wrong.

I am doing this on my home server under a Mac Server. I have installed other mods this way without issue (as I am testing). Please help me out here as I really do love TP and was surprised to see it back in action. (been away a while)

So any tips or tricks let me know. This is not an upgrade... Just a standard install. 

File I am trying to execute is: tp_upgrade.php inside of the root directory.

Thanks!

IchBin

If you are running your own server you should be able to look at the server logs to see what error is getting output when you try to run the file.

Curious why you aren't using the package manager though?

Gargoyle

Package manager wants FTP... I don't have it enabled. Plud manual installs let me see, read, touch, and feel the code so I know where to look to change things etc... I don't like the package manager.

My logs say my password isn't right for phpmyadmin... Thats all the errors I have. So unless your install script is trying to access phpmyadmin I don't know. I have no errors for that particular script at all.

Is there a call to an edited file that wont work due to the file edits? Anything I can try to get the script to run?

IchBin

It asks for FTP if file permissions aren't allowing the package manager to write to the files. Can be fixed easily if you just make sure your files are writable by the web server. Besides the point if you don't like the package manager though. :)

Other than the SSI.php file, tp_upgrade.php makes no calls to any other file. It simply tries to execute the code to insert/update tables in the database. Did you check the SMF admin error log too? If you can't give me any information on any errors I'm not sure I'll be able to help much.

Gargoyle

The only server side errors were for password authentication. Multiple files the second time beyond the phpmyadmin. I believe one or two of them had to do with ssi.php and security.php but I'd have to look again to be sure of what the issue was exactly. The smf error log shows nothing.

I had to unedit my files to get the site back up since it was totally dead (modded files but no modded db) I'll take another look but if it was designed to run solely in the Package manager then I can see it not working stand alone. I'm sure its simply a matter of something not being declared, loaded, etc...

In any event I will try again a but later on.

Thanks for trying with the limited info I gave you.