TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 94
  • @rjen

disable avatar on front page?

Started by Zugluk, May 17, 2008, 03:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zugluk

is there a way to hide the avatar on the front page without it being disable in other places?

Zugluk

and yes I searched first  :up:  :2funny:

G6Cad

Hm, seems like major bumping, please eather edit your post if noone have given any reply to your post or please wait atleast 24 hours before you bump the topic.
The avatar is not a TP function, it's more of a theme function.
You havent provided us with the info we need, so it's hard to give you any answer.

Please read and apply the info we need according to our posting guide we have in the support board sticky topic.

raid

I opened a topic like that somewhere for TP 1.0.5 beta1

I removed the avatars, let me remember how.  :D

EDIT: So I had the problem that for forum post is not possible to disable the avatar, I didnt found it (for normal Articles IT IS POSSIBLE TO DISABLE IT).
for me I added this condition on TPortal.template.php
Code (search for) Select
// show authors avatar?
if(isset($story['options']['avatar']) && !empty($story['avatar']['image']))
echo '
<div class="tp_avatar' , ($context['TPortal']['mycat']!='' || !empty($context['TPortal']['is_front'])) ? '_category' : '' , '"><a href="' , $story['poster']['href'] , '" title="' , $story['poster']['name'] , '">' , $story['avatar']['image'] , '</a></div>';

Code (replace with) Select
// show authors avatar?
if(isset($story['options']['avatar']) && !empty($story['avatar']['image']) && !($context['TPortal']['front_type']=='forum_only') && !($context['TPortal']['front_type']=='forum_articles'))
echo '
<div class="tp_avatar' , ($context['TPortal']['mycat']!='' || !empty($context['TPortal']['is_front'])) ? '_category' : '' , '"><a href="' , $story['poster']['href'] , '" title="' , $story['poster']['name'] , '">' , $story['avatar']['image'] , '</a></div>';

I added the conditions that when there are forum post avatar are disabled, but the line is only for one layout, mine, look here to understand: http://i29.tinypic.com/2sb4cr9.jpg

for other layout cases, look insiede TPortal.template.php for:
// show authors avatar? read the code and you will understand
SMF 2.0 + TP RC2

Zugluk

thank you.. and sorry if that seemed like "major bumping" because I wasn't trying to be.

G6Cad

Dit the answer help you and solve what you needed ?

Zugluk

yes this fixed my issue thanks raid and sorry again G6 I promise i'm not a mad bumping nazi scum :P

G6Cad