TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 48
  • @rjen

Can and cannot install TP with package manager

Started by chriscorreia, March 18, 2007, 03:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porky

Quote from: cripâ„¢ on March 18, 2007, 09:19:43 PM
You can delete all db/tables with _tp on them, replace all new Sources files, & all tp_templates smf & within the default Theme /and languages folder..in your /forum root delete the TP_zip in the packages folder..make sure nothing related to TP is in any file / folder / and DB tables.......

Download A New Tp_9.8.3.zip and upload via package manager.....more work but it might work..I have done this successfully before on my Forum.
tried the 9.8.3 still same issue.

Porky

yeah I let them know to delete the database files so we can see if that is it, as soon as they get back with me I will try again

Crip

it's like tp never was there..it worked more than once for me..
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

G6Cad

DONT touch the DB !!!

I havent read through all post here, but one question before i ask for the accounts i need to look at this.

Is this an upgrade from SMF and TP ? or is it a fresh install of it ?

chriscorreia

Hey, folks, I just have to say that I really appreciate the attention and help. I'm trying to get the TP going because my site is going to be used by a couple of neat community improvement projects in the weeks and months ahead, and I want to upgrade the site's look and functionality. All of your help is wonderful, and will lead to some good things in our city.

I suppose I can be glad that I'm able to provide a case study of sorts on an install issue. ::)  :)

Porky

Quote from: G6â„¢ on March 18, 2007, 10:06:16 PM
DONT touch the DB !!!

I havent read through all post here, but one question before i ask for the accounts i need to look at this.

fresh install of tp

chriscorreia

Quote from: G6â„¢ on March 18, 2007, 10:06:16 PM
DONT touch the DB !!!

G6:

It is a fresh install into the existing database. However, that db still exists after a failed web-install of the 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 upgrade, then the fresh install, and then the previous failed TP installs (package manager and manual, which I probably did incorrectly). I can't recall if I did another fresh install after that, but the db is the same, original one from the 1.1.1 days and does have some smf_tp_ tables in it now.

G6Cad

So you have no posts or content in that install now ? You just try to get a working SMF 1.1.2 with TP installed ?

chriscorreia

Quote from: G6â„¢ on March 18, 2007, 10:15:11 PM
So you have no posts or content in that install now ? You just try to get a working SMF 1.1.2 with TP installed ?

Sorry, there are posts and content, and I definitely want to keep them.  After the failed 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 upgrade, I did a full install of 1.1.2 into the existing database.

When I did a test trial of TP into a separate, new 1.1.2 install, with a new database, it worked fine via package manager. But the TP install won't work with the existing forum/database.

Crip

Quote from: chriscorreia on March 18, 2007, 10:24:15 PM
Sorry, there are posts and content. I did a full install of 1.1.2 into the existing database.

Thats your main problem!
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes