TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 107
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Contest Rules

Started by humanporkrind, October 01, 2006, 12:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porky

I want everyone's input on the contest rules to help everone out that might be running a contest to make them standard. This is what I came up with.
QuoteRules:

1. Must be a TinyPortal Theme
2. Theme must be a [CONTEST NAME]
3. All themes will be released to public free of charge once voting is complete.
4. Theme's must be own work No themes that where ported over as original work or will be accepted and the person submitting the theme will not be allowed to compete in the contest or in future contests.
5. Theme's must be submitted by [DATE/TIME ZONE]. At this time we will go into voting by the Tinyportal Community for [#OF DAYS].
6. Once voting has started there will be no changes to the theme. Designers may set up an alternate work site to tweak or finish themes but will not be allowed to submit new material until contest is complete and winners announced.
7. Designers must register by [DATE/TIME ZONE] stating they are participating.
8. One Entry per person
9. All PSD’s and Themes must be posted at the beginning of voting.
10. No previews of themes until submition time.
11. If Tiny Portal site should go down the contest will countniue on [http://yoursite.com] or will be submitted with in [HOURS] after the site comes back online

G6Cad

I would like to add one thing that i think was very anoying the last time.

Please dont show off the work in progress of the themes. Show them from the time they get submitted and the competiton starts :)

More fun for us to wait, and no comments from all over the place. The theme makers are the makers, there for i think it's their layout, their colors and so on. Dont show the themes in any way until the voting starts ;)

Porky

Quote from: Mrs G6 on October 01, 2006, 01:23:35 AM
I would like to add one thing that i think was very anoying the last time.

Please dont show off the work in progress of the themes. Show them from the time they get submitted and the competiton starts :)

More fun for us to wait, and no comments from all over the place. The theme makers are the makers, there for i think it's their layout, their colors and so on. Dont show the themes in any way until the voting starts ;)
added

akulion

oh and something about: "In the event of Tiny portal board going offline due to server problems, contest entries can be submitted on XYZ date"

or something along the lines

Porky

Quote from: akulion on October 01, 2006, 02:27:27 AM
oh and something about: "In the event of Tiny portal board going offline due to server problems, contest entries can be submitted on XYZ date"

or something along the lines

Good catch

Xarcell

I'm writing up a simple guide now for review. Sorry I haven't written it sooner as I said, I've just been really busy at work.

Porky

Quote from: Xarcell on October 01, 2006, 02:44:00 AM
I'm writing up a simple guide now for review. Sorry I haven't written it sooner as I said, I've just been really busy at work.

A guide for the same thing?

Xarcell

Ok, here is my first rough draft. Basically I wanted to write a TP guide on having contests, not just theme contests. So keep that in mind.

-------------------------------------------

COMPETITIONS

TP Rules:

In order to have a competition here at TP, some TP rules must be followed to avoid any unnecessary legal & contest disputes. In addition to the following rules below, the normal TP rules and guidelines apply...

• 1.| There must be a "submission" and "poll" set at the time of contest announcement.
  • 2.| Only one submission per contestant.
  • 3.| The administrator can freeze or restart a contest poll, with or without reason.
  • 4.| Host of the contest must fullfill their end of the agreement, or be withheld from future particpation.
  • 5.| Once the voting has begun, submissions cannot be removed, or adjusted in anyway, for any reason.
  • 6.| In the event of a site outage, the contest status will proceed to the next available date.

Recommended Guidelines:

These guidelines will help you further set your competition outlines. They are examples from experience, and will better help you avoid confusion, leaks in the system, and avoid cheaters.

• 1.| Minimum of at least 5 participants.
  • 2.| After submission, allow 7 days for debugging and review..
  • 3.| No one is allowed to show their submission until submission date.
  • 4.| Polls should run for 1 week.
  • 5.| People should be allowed to change their vote.
  • 6.| No one should see the results until voting is finished.
  • 7.| Winners should be allowed to forfeit their earnings & winnings to the runner-up only.
  • 8.| A demo should be required, so people can see what they are voting for.

rebelrose

Very nice list there Xarcell. That sounds fair.

Xarcell

No other suggestions or ideas?

G6Cad

Perhaps to make a note that all questions about the themes during the contest have their own threads, so it wont be a 50 pages contest thread with a lot of theme support and code questions  ???

2. PSD for the themes required ( also a way to make it harder to use some one elses themes )

3. Themes Must be their own making from the start, not a conversion from another theme or forum software

Thats what i can come up with right now  :)

Xarcell

ok, I'll add that somehow.