TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 08:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,254
  • Total Topics: 21,225
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 148
  • Total: 149
  • davo88

Shoutbox Guest Issues

Started by Duskmoon, January 29, 2015, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Tried removing/adding each function of the settings and the result was the same for each one.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Same here.  Thing is, some of these settings don't even exist in TP 1.0 and it's doing it on both TP 1.0 and TP 1.1  ;)

bloc

If you replace the below file in "tp-files/tp-modules/TPShout/Sources" - does it make any difference?

lurkalot

Quote from: bloc on February 02, 2015, 10:42:46 PM
If you replace the below file in "tp-files/tp-modules/TPShout/Sources" - does it make any difference?

That seems to have fixed it on my test site.  No more duplicate shouts.  O0

Ken.

Quote from: bloc on February 02, 2015, 10:42:46 PM

Replacing that file causes it to stop returning multiples, but it blocks the previous shouts from displaying.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

ZarPrime

Could this issue have anything to do with using the enter key to post? Both Ken and Mick seem to be using that setting. However, I guess that really doesn't make much sense if it's happening in 1.0 since that version didn't even have that setting. I don't think it did anyway.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on February 03, 2015, 02:31:36 AM

Replacing that file causes it to stop returning multiples, but it blocks the previous shouts from displaying.

Good catch Ken. ;)  Your right, although I didn't notice this when I first tried it.  Also found I couldn't delete the shout from within the shoutbox.  It would let me delete one,, but not the rest of them.  Turned of the auto refresh, then went back to shoutbox and it would let me delete them.  Once those guest shouts were deleted all my other shout came back to normal.

Strange.

bloc

Well, the auto-refresh caches things in your browser, so I reckon thats why you had to turn it off.

As for why it has been this way for so long, I am sure its because very few use it, most want only members to shout to avoid spamming. Because its a MAJOR spamming risk lol. Technically the error comes from, I suspect, the left join against the member table for each shout.

For that reason I wonder if it should be restricted to members only in TP 1.1. It will not be passed on to TP2, the shoutbox there I want to recode.

lurkalot

Quote from: bloc on February 03, 2015, 04:10:16 PM

For that reason I wonder if it should be restricted to members only in TP 1.1. It will not be passed on to TP2, the shoutbox there I want to recode.

I'd be more than happy to see that option disappear.  I'd never use it. But that's just me.  ;)

bloc

I am attaching another fix for it, try it and see if that works better for the new errors as well.