TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 25, 2024, 02:42:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Shoutbox question...

Started by MoreBloodWine, January 02, 2008, 05:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

Ok so I have TO 0.9.8 on my site but the question about the shoutbox is this... how do I get mine to look like the shoutbox here on this site... it seems more involved and I like it...

Edit : I could live without alot of what it has but I really like the "report shout" feature the shoutbox here has...
Download my custom SMF 1.x / 2.x Who.template.php
Get 15% off using coupon code xjz3918744 here where all your video editing needs can be met !
Design your own sig @ myu2sig.com - Gen Status: - Total unique user count:

lebisol

can not, diff. shoutbox for diff. TP =>TinyPortal v1.0.3

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: lebisol on January 02, 2008, 05:37:01 PM
So one can only wish for the release of TP 1.0.3 then... well if thats the case one would also hope all the features for the new shoutbox wil be flexible in setting what you want to show / use...
Get 15% off using coupon code xjz3918744 here where all your video editing needs can be met !

lebisol

imho if you need that many features on shoutbox then you should look into chat...even so I always felt that forum based community needs posts not shouts...again just my pref.

Zetan

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on January 02, 2008, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: lebisol on January 02, 2008, 05:37:01 PM
So one can only wish for the release of TP 1.0.3 then... well if thats the case one would also hope all the features for the new shoutbox wil be flexible in setting what you want to show / use...

One can be patient.. yes.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: lebisol on January 02, 2008, 07:52:47 PM
imho if you need that many features on shoutbox then you should look into chat...even so I always felt that forum based community needs posts not shouts...again just my pref.
I dont really need that many features but I do like the report shout function...

Assistance

Quote from: lebisol on January 02, 2008, 07:52:47 PM
..even so I always felt that forum based community needs posts not shouts...again just my pref.
I've always felt the same way, till spam posts were beginning to be a pain

it really depends on the forum, or better yet, the gathering of a community

MoreBloodWine

So does anyone have any idea or maybe heard something on the release of TP 1.0.3 ... I know its a released when its released but just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything.

Dragooon

Its released when its released and thats it.

Ken.

Seems we may be falling into this "When is the next release?" cycle again with Topics started or going to that question... and as before whenever a Topic goes in that direction it will be locked.

... the answer is always, "When it's ready."
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.