TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50

What file holds all the block information?

Started by coldthunder, June 15, 2007, 12:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldthunder

I have my site build, i do have a test site that i want to use for testing that is almost the same as what my main site is, i would like to copy the file that has the tp/block and settings information over to the test site so i dont have to go through and reconfigure the test site to match the main site. Can this be easily done with copying some files? or should i go and reconfigure test site by hand?

The test site does have its on sql databasee and has tp and my current theme already installed, just none of the config settings ihave been making and the blocks i been adding.

thanks allot

G6Cad

TPortalblocks.template.php and TPortal.php

coldthunder

one final question.

I have set up and got my boxes straight but what controls the center box that the welcom information is in? when i look in admin. block manager there is no center block listed there. The reason i ask is that i want to add a center black that would show up after the welcome screen part in the middle. When i add it now, it the block shows up on top of it instead of on the bottom of it and i cant assign it a position value as the welcome center block is not listed anywhere in block manager that i can find.

thanks

G6Cad

That is not a block, it's an article.
So you have to delete the test and welcome articles and the categories for the same and then create a center block intead if thats what you want to use.

coldthunder

well actally i want the article ther but under neatch that article i wanted to add a center block with some links. But each time i add a center black from block admin it puts that block on top of the article and not underneath it

G6Cad

What happends if you set the article to be featured (first place)

coldthunder

to be honest, i can not find where to set the article to be featured first place

G6Cad

In the article listing of the Article administration.
If you look at that page you see the option of "Set as featured" When you click that on the article you want to have in first place, it will be the featured article.

coldthunder

yes it is featured, here is a link to my test site, you can see the center block "support our troops" and then the article welcome underneath. I want that top center block calls "support our troops" under the article not on top of it. http://thundazone.com/smftroop/index.php

coldthunder

or would it just be easier to turn the whoel article thing off (can it?) make 2 center blocks from block admin and then just place them that way and just put plain text in one of the block (what i was going to have in the article). But it would be nice to keep that article feature if i can just get the other block underneath it

IchBin

Of course you can use 2 blocks. You also have the option to put your info into a frontpage block and show frontpage blocks at the bottom. However, they only work for frontpage atm. Many more options to come in the next version of TP for this type of stuff.

coldthunder

ok, i removed the article feature and created another center block as a article block and then change it around and i now have my article on top and my other box underneath. But now from some place there is another box that now displays underneath my 2nd center block that and it has one of my post in it from the forums, so somehow the forum post is linked and putting it there, where can i turn that off?

thanks

coldthunder

i see now where its pulling that post from , in settings front page but i dont see how to turn that part off, is there a way? or is ther a way to totally turn off the middle part and just let me add 2 center blocks through block manager

you can see what i mean on my test page http://thundazone.com/smftroop/index.php

coldthunder

Update i basically got it to work how i needed it, removed the article feature, then created 2 center blocks and put them in order i wanted and made a few minor setting changes in the settings file and it worked out pretty good. thanks for all the help