TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 04:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 114
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73

F1 side menu navigation----my little gift to TP

Started by SOcRatEs, July 11, 2006, 09:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshsux

Quote from: SOcRatEs on August 29, 2006, 11:30:46 PM
Wow! :o
I close my eyes for a day or two and looks what happens.... :coolsmiley:
MKJ thanks for jumping in to help!

Well I'm feeling a little better today, was sick for a couple of days, I'll try to help as well but looks like MKJ got it.

I'm still using the original demo on my site...my members love it.

Get well soon! :)

MKJ

QuoteWoah it works heaps well, thank you heaps =)

I did a couple of changes to it too with the font and that, =)

Looking good but you need to adjust spaces etc m8.  You are losing half of the menu on 800x600 and it only just fits when on 1024x768.  If I were you I would get the menu to look right in 800x600 and leave the settings alone then as it will be ok on higher as well.  You have far too large a space at the top and too much space between the links  :o.  Nice colour scheme though and looks quite posh.  Just get them spaces sorted now.

Regards
MKJ

yj98

I dont think this thread isnt that for discuss ur stupid issues of CSS.

I want to see some discuz about Mr.SOcRatEs 's "F1 side menu navigation----my little gift to TP " .

Damn...  :tickedoff:

SOcRatEs

yj98...thank you for your vote of confidence..
Dhtml goodies & MKJ deserve all credit for this mod/Block code snippets.

I'm only the one who brought it here to share with the TP community.
CSS is an integral part of this coding, trust me to say I had alot of trouble with it myself.
MKJ introduced me to it and helped me to get it working on my site.

I'm currently attempting to mod it futher to use the various TP-templates css so it will match perfectly.
So far it's proving difficult..

Quote from: JoshsuxGet well soon! Smiley
I am, thank you!

Joshsux

Quote from: yj98 on August 30, 2006, 02:50:48 PM

I want to see some discuz about Mr.SOcRatEs 's "F1 side menu navigation----my little gift to TP " .

If thats a attempt to dis me because i'm asking help well, i dont listen to people who can't speak mch egnlish.

And okay mate, yeah i run at a high resolution with a widescreen, i'll change it now for people on 800x what ever, thanks.

the main reason i done this was so people can get to the forums easier, all it cuts out is some meaningless links and the affilates, and i dont really want the menu to look crap just because of people on 800 x 600 or higher, i think i'll keep it the way it is, 800x600 can see the important links thats all that matters.

IchBin

Quote from: yj98 on August 30, 2006, 02:50:48 PM

First of all, this wasn't a nice comment YJ. Please be aware that these kind of comments are not accepted in the TP community. Second, Joshsux her comment was not intended for you. Everyone just take a chill pill and enjoy the free stuff and great support you get here at TinyPortal.net :) Continue on!....

MKJ

QuoteSecond, Joshsux her comment was not intended for you.

As far as I can make out it was meant for me?  Sure makes helping out on this forum something to consider in the future.  I can do without the hassle.  Hope there are not many or any more of these considerate people who are members on this site.  Normally they are found on gamers forums where such comments are the norm.

Odd person  :o.

MKJ

SOcRatEs

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢Everyone just take a chill pill and enjoy the free stuff and great support you get here at TinyPortal.net Smiley Continue on!....

Even though I'm relatively new TP, this is an isolated issue. Not the norm by any means.
We are people from every place on earth.

MKJ it doesn't matter who the intended target was, (though I thought it was me)
it still doesn't matter. I'm thinking it was a random thing, just some one having a moment.
I'm so glad you are here, putting this to use on my site was so much fun we even took a
little heat at your site,remember?
I wouldn't be able to render as fast a support for this F1 without you.

I plan to take IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢'s advice above.....

G6Cad

And just a note, CSS DO have a major point in this discussion for how this code snippet works, and how to customize it. So itÂÃ,´s very relevant for some people and for some it's not.
I think that every aspect of a code should be discussed, any changes/upgrades should be written down in the thread to privide a better range for all to use it.
So IMHO CSS is a VERY valid thing discussed.

akulion

thanks for the menu :up:

works just wonderfully

i made a button in case someone wants to use it instead of the text link

feel free to use :)