TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 70
  • tino

Pages

Started by jernatety, May 20, 2018, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildenborch

Yes, that's indeed what I meant.
Since I always use the wysiwyg modus I never switch it off.

tino

Quote from: wildenborch on May 21, 2018, 08:47:30 PM
Yes, that's indeed what I meant.
Since I always use the wysiwyg modus I never switch it off.

Clicking view source when in the new editor should be the same as turning the old one off.

I switched between those quite frequently with minimal issues. I don't see the need to have it in a article when you can switch mode in the editor.

jernatety

I'm curious as to why in the WYSIWYG editor, when code editor is switched on, it changes a simple html linked word to 10 lines of code when it's saved.

tino

If I insert a link using the link icon I get the following

<p>
<a href="https://www.goodwood.com/sports/flying/flying-school/light-aircraft-pilots-licence/">https://www.goodwood.com/sports/flying/flying-school/light-aircraft-pilots-licence/</a><br />
</p>

That seems pretty standard to me, paragraph tags, a link the line break.

tino

Do you not get something similar to the above?

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 22, 2018, 11:52:25 AM
Do you not get something similar to the above?

Hi Tino. When I write manual code with the WYSIWYG editor on, like this.....

<a href="http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php/topic,21.0.html" title="Atlantic City Sharks Rink">AC Flyers Skate Zone, <font size="1" color="#000000">Atlantic City Sharks</font> (Atlantic City, NJ)</a><br/>

That is exactly what it looks like on the actual page after it's been saved.

If I type out "Atlantic City Sharks", then highlight it with the mouse and click the link word menu button on the WYSIWYG editor, drop my forum link in there and save, the word will be hyperlinked. But after I save it and go back and hit edit. That same linked "Atlantic City Sharks" word is now 10 lines of code.

I'm past that now though, so no big deal anymore. I turned off the WYSIWYG editor and now writing basic HTML works correctly and I can move stuff around and re-save over and over.

With that being said. My page is growing, I'll have about 150 rinks by the end of today and eventually about 500 or more. I'd like to put a jquery or javascript search box on this page to search only this page, nowhere else on the site. Can Javascript or jquery be used?

tino

If you're not using the wysiwyg editor yes it can be used.

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 22, 2018, 06:41:02 PM
If you're not using the wysiwyg editor yes it can be used.

Do you just paste both the java script and/or jquery into the editor with the html for the script?

tino

You need to enclose it in script tags, but that's about it. Jquery is already included by tiny portal so should already be loaded to access

Ken.

jernatety, looks like you are making good progress on learning to use TinyPortal article system, with lots of help from tino, lurkalot and wildenborch, also this guide in the TP Docs may be useful to you.

The TinyPortal Article Management System.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.