TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:10:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44

Pages

Started by jernatety, May 20, 2018, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on May 21, 2018, 01:18:31 PM
Quote from: tino on May 21, 2018, 06:42:16 AM
Should be enabled by default. You can set it on a per article basis in the article itself, on a per category basis in the category section or finally globally in the standard permissions section of SMF.

I can see the second link I posted as a guest, the test one I can't.

I think I'm going to pass on using articles. Seems like it is extremely difficult just to make and manage a page. I added all of these rinks: http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?page=2

I can't see this article, obviously not set for guests or something.

jernatety

That's another problem. I don't see anywhere in permissions for guests to view only. I don't want anybody using articles but me to make pages.

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on May 21, 2018, 05:50:10 PM
That's another problem. I don't see anywhere in permissions for guests to view only. I don't want anybody using articles but me to make pages.

They should be able to view them by default providing you haven't changed anything.  Guests also won't be able to create, or submit articles unless you give them explicit permissions to do so, which isn't a good idea. 

Tip regarding html in articles.  If you're just playing around with html code you'd be better off switching the editor off completely, I never use it myself, it's not even enabled here. You'll be able to edit your code as and when you like then and have total control over it.  ;)

TP Admin > Click the settings icon with the pen on it, and turn the WYSIWYG editor off, and save. 

If you're playing around with text then maybe use the editor, but turn it off again afterwards.   

jernatety

Can you see this as guest? I can't. I have no permissions set. There are tinyportal perms in guest settings but nothing is set.

http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?page=2

tino

No, I can't view it as a guest.

If you go to categories

http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=categories;cu=5;

You will see that it is currently not enabled for guests ( or anyone else ) to view.

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 21, 2018, 06:57:40 PM
No, I can't view it as a guest.

If you go to categories

http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=categories;cu=5;

You will see that it is currently not enabled for guests ( or anyone else ) to view.

Ok, figured there was a permission somewhere. I turned off WYSIWYG editor and basic HTML works. I can move stuff around too without any editing issues. I'll see how this works out.

wildenborch

Quote from: lurkalot on May 21, 2018, 06:12:59 PM

Tip regarding html in articles.  If you're just playing around with html code you'd be better off switching the editor off completely, I never use it myself, it's not even enabled here. You'll be able to edit your code as and when you like then and have total control over it.  ;)

TP Admin > Click the settings icon with the pen on it, and turn the WYSIWYG editor off, and save.   

It would be nice if wysiwyg could be switched off when writing an article (as far as I remember this was possible with the old editor.

lurkalot

Quote from: wildenborch on May 21, 2018, 07:29:59 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on May 21, 2018, 06:12:59 PM

It would be nice if wysiwyg could be switched off when writing an article (as far as I remember this was possible with the old editor.

It can, and always is on my sites. 

TP Admin > click settings icon, the one with the pen on it.  Turn off WYSIWYG editor. Save.

tino

I think wildenborch means when you're in the article. I removed it as it caused random errors when switching between them on the old wysiwyg editor and the source mode button in the new editor does just as well.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on May 21, 2018, 08:04:30 PM
I think wildenborch means when you're in the article. I removed it as it caused random errors when switching between them on the old wysiwyg editor and the source mode button in the new editor does just as well.

Yep, think now after reading that again you're correct.  :-[