TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:56:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59

TPShout Errors - is this just a bug that needs fixin?

Started by shelzmike, August 01, 2008, 08:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelzmike

Okay, I cringe as I write this since I have read as many posts on the TPShout as I could find and saw all the referrals to readi posting guidlines and to search, etc. Trust me - I have searched (for about an hour now) and could not find a difinitive answer.

So here goes, I have a forum site on a local test server (sorry no DNS to link to it at the moment).

I have TP 1.052, SMF 1.1.5
PHP, MYSQL, and Apache.

I have installed the TPShout (and TPAdvancedShout) packages and am getting errors in my log stating :

8: Undefined index: bottomblock
File: C:\Server\Apache2\htdocs\smf\Themes\default\languages\TPShout.english.php (tp_below sub template - eval?)
Line: 266

Here's the thing - there is no line 266 - this is all that there is:
$txt['tp-allshoutsbyip'] = 'All shouts by this IP';
$txt['tp-allshoutsbymember'] = 'All shouts by this member';
$txt['tp-tabs10']='Shoutbox';
$txt['tp-allowguestshout'] = 'Allow guest shouts?';
$txt['tp-shoutboxheight'] = 'Height of shoutbox in pixels';
$txt['tp-shoutboxitems'] = 'Edit/Remove last shouts:';
$txt['tp-shoutboxlimit'] = 'Limit posts in shoutbox to:';
$txt['tp-shoutboxscrollspeed'] = 'Set scroll speed 1-6 where 1 is slowest';
$txt['tp-shoutboxsettings'] = 'Shoutbox';
$txt['tp-shoutboxusescroll'] = 'Use scrolling?';
$txt['tp-show_profile_shouts'] = 'Hide shouts in the profile?';
$txt['tp-shoutboxheader'] = 'Managing Shoutbox';
$txt['tp-shoutboxhelp'] = 'Help';
$txt['tp-shoutboxdescription'] = '';

$txt['permissiongroup_tpshout'] = 'TP Shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_tp_can_admin_shout'] = 'Manage Shoutbox';
$txt['permissionhelp_tp_can_admin_shout'] = 'Allows you to manage shouts.';
$txt['cannot_tp_can_admin_shout'] = 'Sorry, you aren\'t allowed to manage shouts.';
?>

Also, when I actually type something into the shoutbox, I get an error stating:

Field 'value6' doesn't have a default value
File: C:\Server\Apache2\htdocs\smf\tp-files\tp-modules\TPShout\Sources\TPShout.php
Line: 60

Line 60 is as follows: (actually, this is just the block line 60 is in, line 60 actually starts at db_query and ends with LINE__);

$ip=$user_info['ip'];
if($shout!='')
db_query("INSERT INTO {$tp_prefix}shoutbox (value1,value2,value3,type,value4, value5) VALUES('$shout','$shout_time','$shout_name','shoutbox','$ip',$memID)", __FILE__, __LINE__);
}
   redirectexit($_POST['tp-shout-url']);

I see that there is no value6 listed here (though there are six items listed). Is this a big that needs to be fixed? Or is is something I can possible do mysel (i.e. is it a databasse issue and what can I do to resolve it?)

Thanks,

Mike
(again, I swear I looked for this already - found a bunch of topics on TPshout, but nothing specifically about this0

G6Cad

Im sorry to read you have wasted a lot of time searching with out any definate answer to the issue, but the answer is yes, it's bugs, and they will be fixed in the next release of TP. They have been posted in the bugtracker siome time ago, and i think several times to if i remember correctly.

The adv shoutbox is something Storm have been working on a long time now, and im not sure he got to fixing all of the bugs, but they will be in time. That is probably the best answer I can give you according to your issues.

We dont have a release date eather for the next beta release of TP as it's still in Alpha testing stage and the summer holds vacation to most team members and Bloc that develop TP on the free time he can get his hands on.

:)

shelzmike

Hey, you know what? That is all that I needed to know. I tend to get maniacal when it comes to things that just do not work (meaning - i spend WAY too much time trying to fix them). So this way, I can just delete it and forget it for now! Thanks again.

Mike

Oh, I did see the posts in Bugtracker; however, I was looking for something a little more recent to see if it had been fixed yet.