TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

Online Visual Artists

Started by DocPixel, August 22, 2009, 07:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocPixel

Site Name: Online Visual Artists
Site URL: http://onlinevisualartists.com
Site Owner: Sarah Schoenfeld (Docpixel)
Site Designer: Sarah Schoenfeld (Docpixel)
Theme Designer: Silver by Croco (somewhat customized)
Site Genre: Online marketing for visual artists

OVA was established to help and support visual artists who want to sell their art online. Here, artists can find a helpful and friendly resource where no question goes unanswered. Some popular topics include:

• information on marketing with blogs, SEO, etc.
  • image editing
  • critiques on our work

• copyright questions

POD Reviews
We're known for our truthful, analytical reviews of POD and art-selling sites. Members can learn from other artists' opinions and experiences with art.com, imagekind.com, etsy.com, redbubble.com and many others. Find out about new selling sites. Learn how to protect your work before uploading to a website.

Sell your art on Amazon.com
OVA PRO members can list and sell their art on OVA's storefront on amazon.

Competitions
We have monthly themed art competitions. Our competitions are different than most, for one important reason - the winners are decided by the registered member artists, by poll. We do this to have merit-based transparent competitions, with no political results - no behind-the-scenes judging, no politics, no guest votes or image ratings to artificially influence the results. So, when you win an OVA competition, the decisions are made by your fellow artists. OVA competition results are transparent, withstand scrutiny and are decided by experts.

Other benefits
We also provide general and individual display galleries, a growing collection of resources for artists, articles from other sites, and an opportunity for artists to contribute written articles.

Serious artists, both new and established professionals, who want to market their art, connect with their peers, and help other artists.
Dislikes: Spammers and... self-centered and/or disconnected artists who only want to toot their own horn. Weirdos need not apply.

Freddy

Nice presentation DocPixel :)

That looks like a nice site to me; a lot of conversation going on which is the main thing and interested members which is half the battle.  Clean looks overall and a lot of content, though  I do think you should update your theme to something more eye-catching; there are a lot of nice modern themes around now with a clean fresh look.  Crip, Bloc and others have some nice themes here.  That thread entitled Do you really need a website these days ? was interesting too.

Good stuff  8)  I may sign up...but I'm probably too much of an amateur.

Best of luck.

bloc

Yes, agreed, the site is looking very well on the content side. Maybe a bit mismatched on the design end, though the simple overall look suits the site.

A great presentation too. :)

DocPixel

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the feedback. I agree that it's a good idea to refresh the look and feel; something clean, artistic that presents images well. I personally would favor a sepia/pink combination, but that's probably too schmaltzy and non-artistic.  ;)

I'll take a look at some of the recent ones.  :)