TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32

Downloads (manager, admin, permissions)

Started by makphisto, January 15, 2007, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makphisto

I don't think I'm using Downloads manager correctly.  I have some large files that I couldn't upload thru the manager, so I FTP'd them.  Then I set up the file in the manager and it seems to work fine.  That is, it works fine for ME when I'm logged in as admin.  Guests can't see the downloads (which is fine with me), but, unfortunately, neither can registered members.  I've been over the settings a dozen times.  What do I need to do to make it so that registered members can see and use downloads, but guests still can't?

Lesmond

go to Download Manager > Admin > category name (mine is General) under "Edit/Delete" click the edit icon
under one of these membergroup check who you want to d/l

Allowed membergroups:
Guests
Ungrouped Members
Global Moderator

hope that helps

makphisto

ashelby

What about regular members?  I see, Guests, Ungrouped, Global Mods, and Mods.  But what about the regular members, Newbies thru Heroes?  If I log in as one of these members, I can see the recent files, but not the folders???

http://www.cnchobbies.com

Thanks

ashelby

Nevermind, I figured it out.  I had the top categories listed so that no members could have access.  I thought that meant they just would not be able to upload to that directory.  I did not want people upload to main directories, trying to keep it organized.  I guess I'll just have to watch it, or maybe I can change the upload button.  I'll try that next.  :)