TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35

Shoutbox stopped working on established forums...

Started by truelight5, November 03, 2006, 07:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truelight5

Hi there--

I am using  SMF 1.1 RC3 with TinyPortal v0.9.5--our site has been up and running for a few months, and tonight out of the blue the shoutbox has stopped working.  I checked the database and the shouts are in there but are not showing up on the shoutbox or in the admin section where you could delete or edit them...

Any ideas what could be happening?  As far as I can tell nothing at all has been changed since we went live a few months ago.  That said there were over 900 shouts...could that be it?

Blessings!
Susie

I posted at SMF thinking it was standard with the SMF install (honestly, I guess I should pay better attention!) and someone said I should check the mod author, but I really don't think it is a mod at all...I thought it was just the normal shoutbox...

akulion

Most likely your problem is occuring because of the use of a wrong theme version. It happend to me as well at one time.

Make 100% sure that u are using the correct theme for 1.1rc3 + tp0.95/0.96 from this section

If your theme version is correct and you are sure of it then I would recommend upgrading to 0.96 which is a simple prcedure and wont disturb anything. :up:

truelight5

Ahh...okay well, I am using the theme Arcane Magic from this site...

http://dragontalk.net/

It is highly customized with my own graphics...but if it is the problem then I will need to start over again.  Argh.

I really thought I had gotten it from here, but when I checked the link you posted me it was not present. 

I will check and see if the author of the theme knows of any issues, and if not, I will have to redo a compatible theme and see if that and upgrading works.  Now the theme I have (the arcane magic one) DOES say it is compatible.

I appreciate your help!

Blessings!
Susie

truelight5

So if the theme is the issue if I switch to another theme, like Aero79 designed by Bloc should the shoutbox resume working? I have that one installed to and if I switch to it I still don't get any shoutbox functionality.

I haven't switched back to default yet but I can to see if it works.

Thanks!
Blessings!
Susie

IchBin

If you would like Susie you can PM a temp admin account and I will take a look. Maybe even FTP which is often needed. It's up to you.

truelight5

I mean to get back here to update this, so sorry it took me so long!  I ended up taking the site to the default theme, tested the shoutbox there, it glitched for a moment and then worked, switched back to my custom theme and it has worked ever since.  I don't know what happened or why but right now it is still working beautifully =o)

Thanks for the help!
Blessings!
Susie