TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 10:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46

(Request) Menu Item Permissions

Started by Rocket, October 09, 2006, 11:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

This might be too difficult, but...

Currently one must set permissions for the menu BLOCK.  It would be nice to be able to use the one block and create different sections within it, that were available according to permission level.

There would either need to be capability to set permissions for each link... or possibly set a permission for a section of links.

What made me think of it was I want to have my menu block viewable by Guests, but when they click on a link, I want them to be prompted to login or register or at least tell them that they have to be a member to access that page.

Make sense?

akulion

u could try this

or even search this site using the search

ive seen conditional links mentioned here as well :up:

as for blocks of different menus..u can make the menus for each user type and set their permissions individually only to appear to those membergroups in the TP blocks manager

Rocket

well, the idea was not to have blocks with different menus (doing that already)...

the idea was to take advantage of the menu manager functionality and possibly add the "conditional links" (as you so professionally referred to them :) ) to the feature list.

I did do a search before I posted, but didn't see anything that fit. 

I sse you found a new smilie... LOL.

akulion

lol yes i like the new smiley its cool

Good suggestion - I hope bloc includes this in future version. Am sure he will be around sooner or later :up:

bloc

The menu manager could use some enhancements and permission-based show/no show is one of them. But to get a link to show for guests - and then prompt to login when visited , are really two things: 1.) the actual link in menu  2.) the section/article with permission. Currently the boards do that, but the articles do not.

So its really more than one enhancement to be made.

V1.0 will have permission based articles, and multiple menus. Some sort of permissionbased menu-items will probably also be in.