TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51

A few questions?

Started by Bob100, February 22, 2006, 02:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob100

I hope this is not to dumb a question but if I click on the top menu on "Tiny Portal" it takes me to what I assume is the frontpage of the Tiny Portal. Fine but the problem is I can not find the forum link from the portal home page. I can click on search or stats etc and then the forum button is there. Why is it not there on the portal home? Am I missing something here? Sorry If I am It has been a long day. If this is something that will be fixed etc then please delete this section of this post after it gets changed, thanks

Also:

I need to have some custom work done to the tiny portal system for a upcoming project. Probably would be easy for you to do. If it is possible to have this work done please contact me. I can discuss the project and my needs then. This Tiny Portal looks excellent and I love the simple theme used.

The mod I need would be the homepage of the tiny portal would need to be a simple looking search page. (very much like google). Maybe this could/should be done as a static html index page for my site which would search the portal/forum data base when clicked? This would be fine if that would be the best way, Maybe yes? Reason for the search box on index page is for the site user to be able to find forum post via searching from the site index page.

I don't exactly want to post the exact details of why this is needed in public yet as this is a new project not yet launched. I also need some kind of ad system integrated for the left and right columns but I figure I can integrate some kind of banner manager and call it good.

G6Cad

A link to your site could be useful so we can see the error our selfes  ;)

Have yoy tryed to clear your cockies and temp internet files and the go back to your forum hompage and press ctrl/F5 ?

Most of this strange errors when buttons or images dont show in first place, itÂÃ,´s the cash and cockies that needs to be emptyed.

The other request i let someother SMF guru reply on :)

borgBOB

If you do not see a forum link/button, then perhaps the theme did not get modified properly. Are you logged in, when this happens?. Are you using the default theme?
Check out the ' block code snippets ' are for the custom front page. This exact version may not have been done yet, but custom front page options are in there.

Bob100

Sorry for being unclear, But I came to this site from the smf site to see the demo of the simplicity theme. This theme is what I am talking about on this site. I just cant believe they would not put a forum link on the home page in the simplicity theme, check it out to see what I mean. Login and change your theme preference to the simplicity theme then go to the home page and look for the forum button. It is not there. It is not anywhere on the home page that I can see. Or maybe it is and I'm just not seeing it. You all have a look and see if you can find it.

This is the theme I want to use so it matters to me that my users will be able to navigate the site and forum easily.

IchBin

This is because Bloc has never made that theme for TinyPortal.

Bob100

Sorry I did not realize that. it seemed to be working fine except for no forum button on the home page. I really like both the Tiny Portal and the simple theme. I hope it can be modified for use with the Tiny Portal. I only saw the one small problem with the lack of a button for the forum on the home page.

I guess I'll need to get to work installing everything and see what I can do to make it work as I need. Just a few more days and I'll have my current workload done and I'll get on this project. Even if I can only use that theme on the forum alone that will be ok. I can always use some kind of cms or just static pages for the rest of the site. Thanks to those of you who attempted to help me.

bloc

The reason i never did anything with Simplicity towards TinyPortal is that in a way its a mini-portal by itself. You can display latest topics, polls, your own code etc.