TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:03:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 70
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76

A few small TPAdmin suggestions

Started by fenris_w0lf, January 26, 2006, 01:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fenris_w0lf

Hey,

I havent read through all the suggestions made here, so if I'm duplicating I appologize, same goes for anything that is fixed after the version I'm using:

SMF 1.1 RC1.
Oxygen / TinyPortal v.0.75 by Bloc

I've only been using SMF and TP for about a week so the suggestions below should be considered n00b ones :)

Here goes:

* General Settings - "Use the WYSIWYG editor?:" - change to "Use the WYSIWYG article editor?:" - some might thing its the forum editor for new posts etc ?

* Edit Blocks - the "Edit/delete" headings changes back and forth and the icons don't. Right under "Add left block" it says: "Edit/delete", under "Add right block" it says "delete/Edit" - a bit confusing.

* Edit Blocks - after deleting a few blocks I wanted to edit, I would like to see a confirmation-box when I press delete :) much like the one I get when I press delete on articles.

* Edit Articles - Have a column indicating what type of article it is (php, html etc).

* Edit Articles - A short explanation what "set as featured" mean?

Xarcell

WYSIWYG editor is for articles only unless I'm mistaken. There were a few bugs with it that have also been fixed in the alpha release.

Edit/delete issue has already been fixed.

I believe the edit blocks has been fixed also, and other changes.

I'm not sure what you mean by type of rticle.

Set has featured is a article that is always on frontpage. Other articles show on front page are rotated out as new ones are created.

IchBin

The only one who would get confused that it's called the wysiwig editor is admins. They are the only ones who get to see that. Otherwise, the only time people will see the wysiwig editor is when they create an article.

All your issues have been resolved. With the exception of having a label in the edit articles to specify what type of article it is.

--edit Xarcell beat me to the punch. :)

fenris_w0lf

Nice !! :)

What I mean by:

* Edit Articles - Have a column indicating what type of article it is (php, html etc).

is that when you press "Edit Articles" you can (amongst other things) "Add category", "Add article", "Add PHP-article" - you also get a list of the articles that exists - I'd like a extra field in that list indicating what type of article it is, php, html or what...

As mentioned I'm using "TinyPortal v.0.75 by Bloc" - is there a newer official release out there or is it  all alphas/betas after 0.75 ?

IchBin

There are no new releases just yet. Bloc has a hand picked group of alpha testers that is working on getting the new release out ASAP.

fenris_w0lf

btw...what does "set as featured" mean ?

(english not my first language)

Rasyr

"Set as Featured" means that the article will remain on the frontpage of tinyportal. Normally, new articles/posts will cycle through (i.e. it always shows the latest) depending upon whether you are viewing articles only, forum posts only or the combination of the two.

Also, if you select "Single Page" for your frontpage, then it will display the "Set as Featured" article(s). 

fenris_w0lf