TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 55
  • @rjen

NOT TP ISSUE, but need help with solvation

Started by g6cad, August 07, 2006, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

I have been trying to help one of our members here to upgrade his forum to 1.1rc2 from SMF 1.0.7.
The installer refuse to accept the 1.1rc2 package in the package manager, the permissions is correct set to 755.
I have tried with both the 1.1rc2 upgrade.zip, and 1.1rc2 upgrade tar.gz, but they both come out with Non valid package in the package manager.
Tried with other mods just to see if the manager were wrong, they work and install without any errors what so ever.

What can be the cause of this? I know this is a SMF issue, but when i get stuck, i want to know why Im stuck ;)
Can it be SQL or PhP issues, wrong versions or are their packages there corrupted just like the manager say they are ?
TP installed with out any errors what so ever, but upgrade packages to 1.1rc2 from SMF 1.0.7 dont

IchBin

I don't think you can use the package manager to upgrade from 1.0.x to RC2.

G6Cad

I have done it on parrentingdiscussions though  :o

G6Cad

I can go for the manuall way though, upload files, replace, and run upgrade.php from the browser just to confirm it now  ;D

akulion

yes ive seen the upgrade package on SMF but havent tried it myself so cant say anything

Nokonium

When I upgraded Our-Local.co.uk I took the long route, but it worked. It may do for you. Uninstall all the mods, set everyone to default theme and save the database. Create a new 1.0.7 and import the saved d/b. Then run the upgrade.

G6Cad

Just on the way doing that right now :)
Uninstalled the mods, themes and set the forum in maintenance mod

IchBin

Quote from: G6 on August 07, 2006, 04:30:04 PM
I have done it on parrentingdiscussions though  :o

I swear I remember reading at SMF that you're not supposed to upgrade (or be able to for the matter) via the package manager...

Techdomain

I couldnt do it for one of my sites either - manual FTP only.

agridoc

If no mods are applied can work with package.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF