TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52

Download Manager?

Started by gravy, February 10, 2006, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravy

Thing is I get what the download manager is suppost to do I think, its just that I don't understand how it works.

Can users use the it to upload files? Or is it for admin only? Also when ever I try to download a file from it, I get an error. I am using the Neptune_tp theme, but it does the same thing with all thems.

Also after something is uploaded and you go to the main downloads page it isn't there. If you click STATS, you get a string error and goofs up the font sizes.... :idiot2:

IchBin

A few things....

Yes, everyone can download and upload if you'd like. You need to go into the admin section for the download manager and explore a little bit. You can set permissions for each category you create to allow only certain members to upload/download.

The reason you probably don't see your downloads is because it is set so that you have to approve them first. Take a dive in and see what you can figure out m8.

gravy

You know your the best, cause now all of a sudden everything works like a dream and all is good in the world!! 8)

oliver

Is possible to upload files larger than 2MB through FTP and if yes after we upload the files what do I have to do to show them on the proper category  ::)

Thanks...

bloc

You need to increase the PHP limit of 2mb, TP can't do anything if you don't.

But the dl manager will have a option to "read in" any new files uplaoded through regular ftp in the next version. So you can get bigger files in the dl manager even if the limit is 2mb.

oliver

Thanks Bloc

All we have to do is to wait for then next version then  ;)