TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 10:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38

Conflict In The Middle East

Started by parentingdiscussions, July 21, 2006, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eeek

Terrorists, there lies the problem.
Define terrorists from both view points  ;D Its the same thing but different sides. So who wins? The biggest bombs...

But does that make you more respected. NO or not to me it doesnt.

We all know, the US more than most, you can’t kill what you cant see, you cant beat a nation where you don’t know who the enemy is and each one is prepared to die to kill you. Unless you kill them all that is!

I know both Bush and Blair have tough jobs but real men would have stopped it before it started.  The only reason not to have done so is it suits the agenda, which in my opinion :) is to test Syria, because the next target is Iran. Again doesn't impress me. 

Real men who stood on the world stage and promised to stamp out poverty because it was a "hot topic" would have done so by now if it suited them but there is nothing in Africa we need so its swept under the carpet.

Real men who promised to cut CO2 emissions to save the planet would have done much more if they weren’t shit scared of the oil giants.

Real men wouldn’t have lied to the millions who voted them in to power about WMD, they would have said Sadam is a B......d were going to remove him.

Real men wouldn't sell seats in the House of Lords to their mates for millions of ÂÃ,£Ã‚Ã,£

Real men don’t go around creating enemies abroad and inciting people to hate their countries and kill their own people.

Real men wouldn’t bring in loads of new laws to remove freedom from your own people.  Remove the right for the people to protest any where important and only allow 1000 at a time by prior arrangement.  Allow your police to shoot innocent people using illegal hollow point bullets.  Jail people for stealing electric for 5 years but child rapists get 2 years.  Bring in a new ID card scheme estimated at ÂÃ,£19billion when the hospitals are so dirty people come out more diseases than when they went in.  Bring in a new child databse to fingerprint and tag your children.

Real men have honesty, integrity and have at least some moral and ethical standards.

Real men would sort out their own mess before getting involved in other peoples troubles.

Real men would TALK to other nations as equals and point out the error of their ways and accept criticism of their own nations.

But that all cost $$ÂÃ,£Ã‚Ã,£ so a better planâ€Ã,¦.

Keep the price of oil high, the higher the better the more it cost the more Tax it rakes in. Make and sell bombs, guns, planes to countries you know are going to kill innocent people with them. Create a few wars to get control of more oil.  Allow our companies to transfer jobs abroad because it’s more profit for the â€Ã...“fat catsâ€Ã, Exploit every 3rd world farmer we can while supermarkets make ÂÃ,£2.2 billion profit. 

The pair of them are doomed...  :P

does defamation exist where you are?
yip sure does :) and you get a hefty fine or jailed but that would be a tough one to prove :) who? and dumb and dumber than what?   ;D

mnichols7

Real men, stop what before it started?  Aaahh, now you do want â€ËÅ"us’ to police the world.  You really need to make a decision here. As I said you give a lot of power to Real Men who were elected by the people.  Are you sure who would recognized a Real man if you met one?  I think not. 

Real men who promised to cut CO2 emissions to save the planet would have done much more if they weren’t shit scared of the oil giants.

I see, you do want to return to the nineteenth century. I am sorry, but it is a fact of life.  Tell me what you are willing to sacrifice!  I wager, nothing.  I do agree about the oil giants.  I cannot defend them.  You are including OPEC, right?

Real men wouldn’t have lied to the millions who voted them in to power about WMD, they would have said Sadam is a B......d were going to remove him.

The people were told the truth at the time.  Our congress even thought so or they would not have approved the invasion of Iraq.  Our president cannot go to war without an act Congress.  Thankful am I that nuclear weapons were not found.  As I said, 20/20 hindsight.

Real men wouldn't sell seats in the House of Lords to their mates for millions of ÂÃ,£Ã‚Ã,£

Well, sounds like you have a problem over there.  I will add, politicians make strange bed fellows.  Of course we could go back to the day of the caveman.  My goodness, that’s even worst than the 1800s.  Tough choice.

Real men don’t go around creating enemies abroad and inciting people to hate their countries and kill their own people.

No, real men don’t.  By creating enemies, I take this to mean that â€ËÅ"the real men’, shouldn’t stand their ground when threaten? 

Real men wouldn’t bring in loads of new laws to remove freedom from your own people.  Remove the right for the people to protest any where important and only allow 1000 at a time by prior arrangement.  Allow your police to shoot innocent people using illegal hollow point bullets.  Jail people for stealing electric for 5 years but child rapists get 2 years.  Bring in a new ID card scheme estimated at ÂÃ,£19billion when the hospitals are so dirty people come out more diseases than when they went in.  Bring in a new child databse to fingerprint and tag your children.

Sounds like to me, y’alls got problems. 

Real men have honesty, integrity and have at least some moral and ethical standards.

Do you yourself have those traits?  My vote went to a man that does.

Real men would sort out their own mess before getting involved in other peoples troubles.

Don’t you know by now, that Man cannot solve his problems?

Real men would TALK to other nations as equals and point out the error of their ways and accept criticism of their own nations.

So, you get to sit in on the summits and know who said what and how they said it.  When I watch C-span, I see mostly orderly meetings, except of course Japan.  That’s was like watching a hockey game.  Right good sport I thought.

My, aren’t we having fun now.  :2funny:

Techdomain

Don’t you know by now, that Man cannot solve his problems?

Absolutely  true and correct...

parentingdiscussions

Quote from: eeek on July 24, 2006, 01:41:01 PM
You cant complain if you dont vote   ;)

You have chosen to accept what other have voted for.
I was once told that if you don’t vote you have no right to complain! If you don’t vote you have no business talking to anyone about who has been voted into office, if you don’t vote you are not apart of the team. Personally, I am who I am, and no one is going to tell me I can’t do this or complain about this or that. Just because a person chooses not to vote doesn’t mean that they can’t voice their opinion, and concern, besides, I don’t think it really maters who is voted in the office, it still isn’t going to change the fact the middle east is totally messed up. I am also sure that our votes are not going to change that either. 

Techdomain

so if I break that down to its basic statement, you are saying
"I didnt/dont bother to do anything because it wont make a difference, but it is my right to complain"

If my kids did that I would smack them upside the head and tell them to go and sort it out!

parentingdiscussions

Now here is the proof that is needed. First off, I seem to remember our president stating a number of times, that it is POSSIBLE that Iraq has these so called WMD, and he also stated a number of times that he knew that these weapons were not in Iraq, but they had the capability of making them if they had not have stepped in. So to call him a liar? Well, I don’t see how a person can lie if they don’t really know the truth, he wasn’t there in person and was going on the information that was provided to him by the UN INTEL, and other informants. So I really don’t agree with anyone who calls Bush a liar.

Another issue that someone seemed to have missed is the fact that the war had nothing to do with what happened on 9/11, or does the conflict in the Middle East at this time, and no I don’t agree that oil is the just cause of these wars. First off, even before 9/11 happened there was already plans on removing Sodom from power, and that was going on during the Clinton administration, they were already making the plans back then and were already searching for those weapons.

What is going on in the Middle East at this time is not because of the US, or any other country that was involved in the Iraq war, These two countries who are at war now have been at war before, and someone just peed in some ones cheerio’s and this is how it all got started. So please don’t be putting the blame on to the US or Brittan, because we have nothing to do with what is going on, these people have been fighting longer then you or I  have been alive. And another thing, you might be sitting home in a safe place, free from any harm at this time, but think about this, did you honestly think that the people who died in the 9/11 attacks thought that they were safe and no harm could come to them? I bet they did, and I bet there was someone just like you who told others not to worry, I am not worried, I live in the safest place on earth, and these people will never get to me. Yep, keep thinking that, because that one person that might have been there thought just that.

I don’t care where you are, anything can happen at this point, if they did it once they will do it again, and the next time we might not all be so lucky, and if you think for one second that you are that safe that have no worries in life, just think about that one person who might have thought the same way you did.

Do you honestly think that the next president that takes office is going to change the world? And everything is going to be safe, and we are not going to have to watch our backs so closely? If you think that they you are totally delusional. At this point in the world, there is nothing that is going to make life any better; we are the ones that can do that, and only us. You have to take life as it comes, and no matter what happens in life, you or not man or woman can change the world over night. So needless to say, the only true way of ending all the conflict in the world is for the world to blow up, and let evolution do its thing all over again.

People say, we must try to come up with new resources to burn, we already have! We have alternative fuels, but no one wants to pay the money to develop them, or the governments of the world would loose too much money if they did that. People all over the world always say, IF THEY WOULD DO THIS OR THAT, but it isn’t going to happen and it doesn’t matter who is president, or Queen or a leader of any country, this world is so messed up, that at this point there is really no hope for the future of our children, and shame on us all for that. I am a father, and when I look at my kids and think about what the future holds for them, it isn’t a pretty picture, and I pray that they will learn to cope with what we are leaving them with. I pray that by the time I am 80 years old, and all the old generations have died off, the ones that messed up this whole world, that our children and grand children can rebuild this world into a peaceful one, because I am telling you right now, if it keeps going on like this, all of us are going to feel the pain of the past come back and bite us. At least I can say this, it was our leaders of the world that got us into this mess, and it will be our children, and our grand children that will make the world a greater place. Because we surly can’t do it.

mnichols7

Boy, do you sound like me.  

What I think Robert might be saying, if one is about as good as another, why bother.  Sorry guys, I gotta go.
Remember them in your prayers/thoughts, and maybe something higher and smarter than we are will intervened.
Although, it is probably not exactly 'time!'

parentingdiscussions

Quote from: Marian on July 24, 2006, 11:32:30 PM
My, aren’t we having fun now.  :2funny:
Oh sure! anything like this can be fun, however, what makes it more fun is really getting to understand other peoples outlooks on what is going on. I really love to hear everyone and their opinions, it is what makes it so great. Think about it this way, 20 years ago, the only way we would have really known is only by what we read in a news paper or on TV. NOW! We have eachother to get through this mess. If we can come together like this in here, just think of how well we could do if everyone in the world could speak their mind openly, and without war, although we might not all agree, atleast we have eachother to keep us from pushing the button. lol

Techdomain

I just like digging ppl in the ribs and seeing who explodes :P

well not really. Its funny, but I agree with parts of what each of you have said, but not all... Isnt it great that we are all unique!