TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 10:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39

What is happening here ?

Started by g6cad, March 20, 2006, 10:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnichols7

Terrific topic guys, sorry I found it too late to really contribute, but my feelings have been expressed by others so I won't carry on further.

I did want to mentioned however, that I visited a site lately, which will remain unnamed, that after I registered and read some posts, I immediately wished I hadn't, due to the atmosphere I perceived on the entire forum.

I really wanted to participate there, but I left with only one post.  That is really sad.

Nokonium

Just two things to remember ...

What is a joke in a persons first language can come over as an insult in their second language and

don't feed the trolls.

Arkanthos

lol, I love that gif nok, hillarious.

(Ô¿Ô)

Quote from: MAN on March 21, 2006, 01:48:05 PMI visited a site lately, which will remain unnamed, that after I registered and read some posts, I immediately wished I hadn't, due to the atmosphere I perceived on the entire forum.

I really wanted to participate there, but I left with only one post.  That is really sad.

We all find sites like that. sometimes it is the people and others it is the people that have power that screw it up. Too many in power can also screw up the worx like it does here. I came here with 3 problems. thru search I found ansewers to all 3 and a couple of probs I didnt know I had. All fixed. I also find this site to have too many of the most arrogant mods Ive seen in awhile who try to play people for idiots. I join here and stir things up a bit. Its the middle of the noight you know? Some tramp jacks around my karma and then starts sending me stupid email about the site here. when I reg'd here I blocked view of my email. Then she says I dont know what I am taking about when i accused her.
Bloc you only need one mod 4 every 500 act members. you have about 3 mods for every  act member and you dont have any control over them and you dont want to have controls over them. either you have a support site or you have a ego playground for fools. this site is looking more like its an ego site. If this post gets me banned then that will be more proof of it

TwinsX2Dad

Quote from: (ÃÆ'ââ,¬ÂÃƒâ€šÃ,¿ÃÆ'ââ,¬Â) on March 21, 2006, 08:58:06 PMSome(one - TX2D) jacks around my karma and then starts sending me stupid email about the site here.

Been there, saw that. It happened to me, too.

I can vouch that some of the mods here are a big part of the problem.

Nokonium

This site is for the support of Bloc's themes and Tiny Portal, it is not a discussion forum. The moderators are members who stepped up to allow Bloc more time to work on his code.

I have no problem with this, nor do the majority of contributors.

Mitch

Quote from: TwinsX2Dad on March 21, 2006, 09:24:36 PM
Quote from: (ÃÆ'ââ,¬ÂÃƒâ€šÃ,¿ÃÆ'ââ,¬Â) on March 21, 2006, 08:58:06 PMSome(one - TX2D) jacks around my karma and then starts sending me stupid email about the site here.

Been there, saw that. It happened to me, too.

I can vouch that some of the mods here are a big part of the problem.

I have never once had a problem with the mods here.

TwinsX2Dad

Quote from: nokonium on March 21, 2006, 09:30:46 PM
This site is for the support of Bloc's themes and Tiny Portal, it is not a discussion forum.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, this is not an ideal which is universally applied.

And maybe your 'majority of contributors' might number significantly higher if there weren't so many obvious instances of looking the other way when the "favorite children" are abusing people for stating something contrary to the mod's beliefs.

4182 registered members - how many are still here? This tells me that 1) they found what they needed and nothing else made them want to stick around. 2) they didn't find what they needed and left. 3) they saw what was being offered and chose another solution. 4) they were mistreated and left.

By the way - if this is not a discussion forum, why was this thread allowed?

Mitch

Quote from: TwinsX2Dad on March 21, 2006, 09:41:54 PM
Quote from: nokonium on March 21, 2006, 09:30:46 PM
This site is for the support of Bloc's themes and Tiny Portal, it is not a discussion forum.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, this is not an ideal which is universally applied.

And maybe your 'majority of contributors' might number significantly higher if there weren't so many obvious instances of looking the other way when the "favorite children" are abusing people for stating something contrary to the mod's beliefs.

4182 registered members - how many are still here? This tells me that 1) they found what they needed and nothing else made them want to stick around. 2) they didn't find what they needed and left. 3) they saw what was being offered and chose another solution. 4) they were mistreated and left.

By the way - if this is not a discussion forum, why was this thread allowed?

Your becoming a bit redundant.
I would have to say it would be in this order.

1) Found what was offered and chose something else.
2) Found what they needed.
3) Did not find what they needed.
4) Were mistreated.

People keep complaining about "n00bs" being mistreated. When I was a noob I was welcomed nothing bad was ever said people put up with my stupid questions. Now I have realized those stupid questions have helped out other people. I still think of my self as a noob here.

I have not had a mod be rude or just not help. Any mod I have ever talked to has helped. The only thing I have noticed is that few mods are kind of short in then answer but I am figureing thats cause they are busy. I also know alot of Mods dont view them selves as higher then anyone else either because alot of them stand corrected in what they offered as help and they apolgize for that and what not.

I did have an incident with Twin but now (ÃÆ'ââ,¬ÂÃƒâ€šÃ,¿ÃÆ'ââ,¬Â) is really starting to tick me off.

I mean now the both of you are bashing TP and Bloc and Blocs belief in his Mods. Honestly if you dont like this site or his forums. Go elsewhere! I will honestly say neither of you will be missed by me. And if you tell me if I dont like then leave. I will not leave because of two people. I told you guys to leave because you guys dont like the enviroment that Bloc has to offer. Which is the forums his software his site and HIS mods whom he has faith in.

And (ÃÆ'ââ,¬ÂÃƒâ€šÃ,¿ÃÆ'ââ,¬Â) tell me how do you think that eldacor(sp?) docked your karma? It could have been anyone I mean if I could do it then I would dock your karma now.

TwinsX2Dad

Find me one place where I bashed Bloc or TP.

Until then, you're a liar.