TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 54
  • @rjen

Problems with RC2...

Started by Lesmond, January 20, 2006, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

I have gone back to SMF1.1RC1 for the time being. It seems the loads were high on RC2, and I want to be sure it wasn't the RC2 that caused it, hence the move back.

EDIT: SMF 1.1RC2 is not to blame, rather Firefox and its 1.5 bug.

Nokonium

That is a pity. Our server has has serious slowdown problems and that has neither TP or SMF1.1 There are a lot of worm problems about at the moment that is causing a lot of server problems. Last night was the first time I'd seen The Bloc Zone chugging.

I hope that things are sorted soon, it couldn't have been an easy decision.

bloc

No, it wasn't. I like RC2 a lot. :)

Still, I have done some things now to see if it works out..because loads were still high after I reverted. They do seem a bit lower right now(with the same amount of visitors).

Nokonium

So do I, you have a share in 1.1, I only have an interest.

;)

Yngwiedis

The known CPU usage bug strikes again.

I already delete my whole site because my hosting provider said that my site continue to produce high CPU use.
I cancel my hosting account also.
I am planning to get a dedicated server now  :-\

HiroshimaPriest

So, in the interest of being practical ( realistic ) here, should we consider reverting to RC1 and thereby being able to use TP as is for now?
Or do you anticipate continuing on with TP for RC2 and a near future .80 release?

Either way, it's fine with me, I'd just like to know so I'm not in a holding pattern for a few months while things are resolved. If it's a week or two, fine, I can hold off...longer than that, I'll need to re-evaluate.

BTW Bloc, thanks for all your efforts to date...this is a great portal.

bloc

RC2 support will go on for TP, it was just the need to see if that version cause loads or not I switched back.

But I did something more than just revert. I renamed script.js after adding the codefix I posted earlier in here...so everyone was forced to download the new version of the script. And I denied 2 very persistent IP numbers..after that my load (with 5-15 people online) dropped from 4-5 to 0.7-1. Quite a change.

So I will just see how this goes for a few days, and then try RC2 again with this new setup in place.

I really think its the darn Firefox that cause this...and not SMF itself.

HiroshimaPriest

Okay, thanks for the update....I will stay in my "holding pattern" for now.

Keep up the great work.

Moocat

firefox? causing problems? no way! ;)

IchBin

Can you elaborate Bloc? What makes you say FF?