TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53

Problems with RC2...

Started by Lesmond, January 20, 2006, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaz

I would like to go back to RC1. The problem is the database is in RC2.

I saw Bloc has done it...how?

Yngwiedis

You need to revert all the actions take place in database when you upgrade to RC2.

I already done that 4 days ago and believe me is very hard to do it.

Nokonium

With great difficulty I expect.

We had a slowdown problem that affected all of our test sites, then we discovered that the database was completely full. So we moved one and the other 1.1RC2 is a bit better. The one we moved speeded up considerably. So if you have a spare database back up the board and move it, easier than downgrading.

elpvn

QuoteYou need to revert all the actions take place in database when you upgrade to RC2.
I already done that 4 days ago and believe me is very hard to do it.

You can say more details about way to "take place in database" (or full back-up) via from C-panel or PHP-admin ?  :uglystupid2:

Thanks !

bloc

Basically I just uploaded the RC1 upgrade files, did a upgrade( with no errors btw), and then started the forum.

At once i got sql errors like I expected, so i compared my local smf_log_xxx tables ( on a fresh RC1) with my now RC2-back-to-RC1 tables. I think I changed at least 5-6 fields on the log_xx tables...mostly from "MSG" MEDIUMINT( 8 ) to "logTime" INT(10).

The mark read logs etc. got wrong but no big loss.

It may still be wrong here and there..but i am not planning on staying on RC1, becuase the keepalive script is THE SAME on RC1 and RC2. So it might be other things in RC2 that does this, but more than anything it got better when I changed the javascript. Problem was that a lot of users had the "old" script.js in their cache - meaning their Firefoxes still hammered against the server.

So I changed the name of the script, and then all got forced to use the new one.

Rasyr

Where can I find more info about this javascript fix?

I was planning on upgrading the one set of SMF forums we have going to RC2 this weekend (and putting TP on it, with the mod to make the forum the homepage) and I would rather implement this fix right away than wait...  :D

elpvn

QuoteWhere can I find more info about this javascript fix?

From Bloc onlyÂÃ,  ;) ;D

PhilH

So a new installation of TP with RC2 on a new site would not have problems?

elpvn

QuoteSo a new installation of TP with RC2 on a new site would not have problems ?

I'm sure will be not. I've tested it beforeÂÃ,  :)
You can download EasyPHP at here to virtual NET at your home and test it on your local network with EasyPHP before get on Internet site  ;)

bloc

Quote from: Rasyr on January 21, 2006, 09:32:21 PM
Where can I find more info about this javascript fix?

I was planning on upgrading the one set of SMF forums we have going to RC2 this weekend (and putting TP on it, with the mod to make the forum the homepage) and I would rather implement this fix right away than wait...  :D

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=1054.msg16989#msg16989