TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 45
  • Total: 45

Release Date for Tiny Portal for 1.0.7

Started by christicehurst, May 18, 2006, 06:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christicehurst

Hey Guys,

I want to know the release date for the new Tiny Portal for 1.0.7. I'm not a coder and I have killed two forum board because of my lack of coding skills, but none of that!

Does anyone know when Bloc will pull his finger out and get it done? I really wanna get this program going!

G6Cad

The TP v0.86 in downloadmanager work with 1.0.7 as is.
You just need to edit the install.xml file in the package.

In that file where it say 1.0.5, 1.0.6) you need to add 1.0.7) for it to work.

christicehurst

I have done what was told but it doesn't work!

This is what was found....

2: opendir(/home/cjtvisio/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/Themes): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
File: /home/cjtvisio/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 949

So I'm not sure what went wrong.

G6Cad

I dont know why some get this "temp" error when they try to install, and some dont.
But i DO know that when you get that, you have to go for the manual install package to be able to have TP on your forum.

It sounds a lot worse than it actually is.

If you can copy and paste you will have your portal in place with in 30 min from when you start.

In this thread you have index.template.php for the default them allready made for 1.0.7
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=5065.0

Here you find the manual install package and the text file with the step by step guide for the installation
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=2481.0

Note that you have one separate download for the database install, and one for the actuall files you need to upload to the forum folder, and the last download in the first post is the textfile where you have the info needed. (now when you have the index.template.php file done, you can skipp that long part in the installl, so you can be up and running in 15 min :)

christicehurst

I have the Enterprise as my theme, but I can change to a TP supported theme. But do I have to change in order for TP to work?

christicehurst

My index page has been damged. I did tell you I'm not a coder! That's because I did not wish to install by coding or by manual.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '!' in /home/cjtvisio/public_html/forum/index.php on line 183

I have backed up the forum by SMF as a gz file I believe.

Please help me at once.

christicehurst

I solved my problem, however I won't be touching my php files or any type of changing of codes and anything even if I was paid a million dollars. There must be a way to install it easier and without coding.

G6Cad

Like any other mod you need to alter the codes one way or another ;)

Even if itÂÃ,´s not manually, the packagemanager do the exact same thing with the files.

The easiest way for you to get the forum installed if you don't want to manually do it, is to upgrade from SMF 1.0.7 to 1.1RC2 and then run the TP mod install through the package manager.

christicehurst

That's what I did! Gee 1.0.7 is poor stuff. Everything works well now. Is there a special guide to get the most out of Tiny Portal?

G6Cad

At the moment we are trying to collect some good posts to work out some sort of users guide for TP.
But Bloc is developing all the time, so there are some major changes in the layout and how TP work, so what we have so far in the FAQ are pretty much basic only.

But in the whole, the entire forum are a big help and FAQ to read through :)