TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 09:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 31

Fubar'd my forum! - TP admins, please help – Danka!

Started by ash, April 07, 2006, 05:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ash

Ok, on one of my forums I was attempting to update to Tiny portal I believe I completely hosed it!
No idea why this one was different, though it was.

So, I uploaded all the files and ran the install through the package manager.  Installed the Black22 theme (with some modifications to match my other sites) and I started getting a lot of errors.  I feel rather dumb now, because I have installed this flawlessly on three other sites.

This site I just purchased from a fellow gamer and was hoping to expand my own gaming sites.  So, long story short, I just wanted all three sites to look the same.

However, after getting multiple errors, I went through and deleted all the TP files completely and was going to retry later on when I have access to FTP. (I work at AT&T, and they are a little anal about FTP  though I can usually get around some of their blocks to manage files manually). 

So, all the files are deleted at the host level, though I kept the Black22 theme up as it seems to work fine under SMF 1.07.  Thing is, I get the following error at the bottom of the forums and have no idea how to fix it.

â€Ã...“Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/midwests/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 372â€Ã,

Now, trying to use common sense (ha-ha never works that way with these things I come to find), I opened the Load.php file and searched for any instance of the TPortal code, and found none.  I went through all the default theme files and etc to also search out and exterminate any instance of TPortal code, and found none, EXCEPT in the index.template.php in the black22 theme folder.

Questions:

1.   Is this the problem?  Do I need to trashcan the black22 theme (please don’t say yes as I dearly love it)
2.   Would any TP admins here be willing to install TP on my forums under this new host for me? (I’d be deeply in debt to you, and would compensate you with free advertising over all three of my websites which generate about 900,000 hits per 45-days).  I know this is an unothrodox request, though Im at a loss on how to proceed as I though I installed TP on this host the exact same way I did it on the other three sites ïÅ' ).

Your feed back is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Huge Fan,
Ash (Sean)

Here is the site that these forums are loaded on:  http://midwestservers.org/forums/

IchBin

I would suggest you try the manual install first before having one of us do it. Upload all the files and then run the install file which will update your database. The tportal_version is because its trying to load TP and it's not installed correctly.

ash

TwinsX2Dad

Quote from: ash on April 07, 2006, 05:14:31 PM(I work at AT&T, and they are a little anal about FTP  though I can usually get around some of their blocks to manage files manually).

Ouch - use caution. After working for AT&T for years, I can't tell you how many people I had to walk out because they were doing personal stuff on their work terminals. You might get around some of their blocks, but they log every keystroke. They once came after me, a manager, because I was accessing a non-AT&T site - it was NANPA, the North American Numbering Plan Administration. In other words, phone numbers. It took me a bit to convince Corp Security that it was business related.

Back to the subject at hand..... just one file being mishandled on the transfer can cause errors. You might try a second uploading of the files and see if you get a different result.

bloc

The reason for the error message is probably that you are using the TP version of Black22. If your are not going to use TP, just upload index.template.php from the regular Black22 theme - the one for just SMF.

TwinsX2Dad

Good catch, Bloc.

Note to Self:

Self, make certain you look at the site BEFORE firing up the fat fingers......

;D

ash

Thanks guys.  I forgot to post back on this topic.  I finally got that site up and running.  Not sure what the issue was, but manually ftp'ing the files there and overwriting what was there fixed it.  No clues.

Ps TwÃÆ'Ã,­nsX2DÃÆ'Ã,Â¥Ã,,‘ÂÃ,³ , I work with developers using a proprietary programming language and have admin abilities.  I know they log the keystrokes and Im constantly looking over my shoulder, though they encourage me to go outside of AT&T to find solutions to problems I am having coding.  What better place to find a bunch of coders than right here?  On the other hand, my boss logged onto my website the other day to play donkey kong in the arcade.  8)

thanks again guys for your help.

-Ash