TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 70
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72

Menu not showing up

Started by BCB, March 10, 2006, 09:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCB

I am new to SMF and TP, and I am setting up my site, however it has come to my attentions that my members cannot see things on the right bar such as Content (in my case Menu) User Stats block, I have even put up a block that allows users to join our Team Speak. All of these show up to me as an admin but when I created a test user and did not give them Admin rights these items do not show up.  Any thoughts?  I have done a search on here and come up with only a few things but nothing that sounds like this.   Maybe I am just  :idiot2: or  :uglystupid2: from trying to get this to work and am overlooking something. Please help me ....

TwinsX2Dad

It sounds to be a permissions issue.

Do these things appear only to an admin account or can they be seen by guests?

BCB

Only by the Admin accounts, I thought the same thing but I can not seem to find it, I think I am going blind from looking at the same thing over and over  :tickedoff:  need to  :knuppel2: myself over the head a few times to straighten me out... HAHAH

Nevermind I found it .... on the Blocks where you edit them there are check boxes that I was overlooking, if you have them all unchecked the only person that can see it is the Administrator, if you have them checked then them groups can see it.

tmp

This is close to what I am getting but I do not see any checkboxes in the blocks.  Actually my issus is that there is no portal.  In front page settings I can select go directly to forum index or only forum and get what I got without TP.  If I check anything else all I get is the one post under the general. 

How do I get all the boxes to show up?  I either get one post of the forum.  What about the shoutbox and all the goodies?  There are no errors either.

Just reinstalling the package and seeing that the index.template.php file will not be modified (failed).  That would be the answer, but why won't it be modified?  I swiched back to default theme but I only modified the colors on the default.

IchBin

tmp, it could be because you have not installed the TP versions of the same SMF themes.

tmp

This was my fault (as the issue usually lies between the keyboard and chair).  I am new to the SMF world and thought I had the latest version release since it was at the top of the list of choices.  I upgraded my SMF and all is well.  Thanks for giving the effort!