TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:15:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 39
  • @rjen

Has Anyone Been Hacked Lately?

Started by parentingdiscussions, August 15, 2007, 11:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parentingdiscussions

I would like to know if anyone has been hacked lately by the Turkish hacker? If so please let me know as soon as possible.

G6Cad

Not that I have heard of no.

But the turkish hacker was not hacking the sites through SMF, they were hacking the index.php files through the server, so a wrongly  configured server was the case they could hack the sites.
This is how i have understand it from SMF forums and the posts there about it.

parentingdiscussions

Quote from: G6â„¢ on August 15, 2007, 11:56:14 AM
Not that I have heard of no.

But the turkish hacker was not hacking the sites through SMF, they were hacking the index.php files through the server, so a wrongly  configured server was the case they could hack the sites.
This is how i have understand it from SMF forums and the posts there about it.
Well I have been working on this for a while now as you already know trying to find the doorway, and this morning I found that the hacker was entering the site via the flashchat program, and looking back through my logs I found that everytime I was hacked it was through the Flashchat program, I removed it for now, and will see what happens next.

knat

I had a visit from a hacker who changed all files with index in the filename.. he left a little piece of javascript in them.. i also run flashchat so maybe this was how he did it  :P

Demon X

I recently lost my Ã,£60 a year webhosting because someone or something was constantly causing my site to use 800MB of RAM. Is this because of the hacker?

knat

What happens with flashchat is that the hacker can upload his file (using the filesharing program that comes with flashchat) and afterwards execute his own script on the server. he can also upload an "avatar.php" and execute that.. solution to the problem is found here: http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=17281

Hell the hacker can upload his shit without ever even loggin into flashchat.. this should be fixed in the new version..

So now you know how he did it... there is a video on youtube that explains how to use flashchat to hack a site !!