TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:07:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49

Where did the boards go?

Started by jah313, March 29, 2006, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jah313

I am using SMF RC2 on my board: www.911grumble.com/smf

I installed TP without any problems or errors, but now The boards are not visible. I can see they exist in the admin mode, but no one else can see them on the main page (link above). How do I activate them so they are seen by all?

gerrymo

You have a non TP Theme. Go to the downloads section and get Helios Multi for TP. To be absolutely sure, swtich to SMF Default and your test blocks that are pre-installed should show.

jah313

WOW  ;D You guys are amazing at replying, thank you. I will do that now!!!

One more question, will TP allow me to run tower banners down the right side of the forum. I have been having one hell of a time trying to get the banners to run down the side instead of taking up space at the top.

You are the man!!!

gerrymo

Yes, just create an html bock* with the editor off and use ordinary html to insert them. Once you create the block, change it ot javascript/html before you publish it.

* create your code in your normal editor such as frontpage, and copy paste the html code to your new block. You only need the relevant lines of code, not all of the page created.

jah313

That is working great!!! The ads are going up now. This is a great forum.

Thanks!!!

gerrymo

I see that, but you've put on in thats too wide for the block.

Now all you do for your main front page block is the exact same as you did for the side block, using your front page content.

jah313

I have the ads up ok, I am just changing things as you were looking :D

jah313