TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60

Treasury Beta (donations) for SMF/TP

Started by nukebiz, November 28, 2006, 06:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jump1979man

I just checked my DB and it shows no record of the multiple test transactions....

the test ipn link in the admin area says it passed and is good to go...

Assistance

manual inserting donations shows "Anonymous"

can we have it show the name?

nukebiz

The most common reason for no data in the database is that the donor failed to return to the site from PayPal.  Then you need to manually enter the basic data from your PayPal email notification.

Manual entry has provision for the username and whether the donor wishes their name shown i.e. Show = Yes

Data is added in index.php?action=treasuryadmin;sa=donations, using the bottom row of empty boxes.

'Tax Id' is the receipt from paypal, something like ZYXGTY1234567890
'Name' is the Username who donated
'Show' is Yes if they wanted their name displayed.
'Status' is Completed
'Gross' is their donation amount.
'Fee' is the paypal fee for that donation.
'Settle' is the donation amount converted to your site currency (probably same as Gross).
'Date' is the format 2005-04-16 00:00:00

WarBirD

Ok, i have a little bit of understanding all. I installed the mod, entered my PAYPAL data etc and some other stuff. I tested with someone, the donating itself works fine. But the data doesnÂÃ,´t show up in the module. Is that supposed to be that way ? Do I have to enter that manually in the treasury ?
And, since my PAYPAL isnÂÃ,´t in english, i have a little bit trouble to know what I have to do in my PAYPAL profile. Can you please tell me how the transfers are shown in the treasury after someone donated ?

Appreciate the help.

WarBirD

WarBirD

Another question i would like to ask, what file permissions do the Files and the treasury folder has to be ?
Now after installing its all to 777. I would prefer to change it back to 644 for files and 755 for the folder. Is that ok or does it cause problems ?

nukebiz

I'm afraid I can't help with PayPal settings in non-english.

Manual entry is only necessary when PayPal IPN fails to work correctly, and that is usually because the donor failed to click PayPal links to return to your site, or your site failed to respond to PayPal in a timely manner.

The return file is ipntreas.php which is located in your "root/treasury/" directory.
In my case, that directory is generated with CHMOD permissions 755 and the file has CHMOD permissions 644 - this may vary with some hosts.

Whilst PayPal IPN returns much more data to the database, the minimum information for Treasury to function, is as shown above. Below is a mysql query for a typical complete PayPal IPN transaction.INSERT INTO `smf_treas_trans` VALUES (1, 1, 'resourcez@gmail.com', '4A0851570N016380F', 'Donation', '111', '1', '', 'Resourcez', '0.00', 'List your name?', 'Yes', 'User Name', 'Resourcez', '', 'Completed', '2006-11-18 16:36:56', 'web_accept', '10.00', '0.56', 'USD', '10.00', '1.00', 'Phred', 'Bloggs', '', '', '', '0', '', '', 'phred@resourcez.biz', 'verified', '$');

You can view database structure through your phpmyadmin or,
index.php?action=packages;sa=list;package=Treasury_1.0beta.zip
Then click on the treasurydb.php file

In future versions I shall include some sample PayPal transactions.

Check the smf_log_treasury table for details of what may have occurred during your transaction - at the moment, this is only possible through something like phypmyadmin.

than

Hi, iÂÃ,´m testing the mod. Great Mod.  ;)

Because first installation fail i have problems with Suggested Donation amounts. Please can you show me the code and file to correct it?

See the image.

Thanks and sorry for my english  ???

technodragon73

Wow. I am impressed, I will definitely be watching this so that when it reaches a more stable stage I will probably install it!

nukebiz

You can view the code and the database structure through the files list in your Package admin.

You need to delete the extra fields in your smf_treas_cfg table using something like phpmyadmin.

Alternatively, first uninstall the package, then delete all tables associated with Treasury, then re-install.

than